vs2013 xsockets webserver deployment

MikeM

May 14, 2015, 4:40:10 AM5/14/15
to xsocke...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've recently upgraded to vs2013 im still using xsockets 3.0.3 - I have got everything working fine of the dev pc.  When i put on dev webserver on the LAN the webapp is working but the xsockets is not triggering and thus webrtc not starting.  on dev pc it is working.  the webserver is ms 2012.  Ive checked f12 while running the webapp and nothing appears as an error in communicating with server and calling to necessary scripts etc... Does any ideas as to what configuration issue this may be?

Ulf Björklund

May 14, 2015, 4:42:39 AM5/14/15
to xsocke...@googlegroups.com
Sounds like configuration issues since you have it working on your dev PC and not on the server.
Have your changed the endpoint as well as the connection string? You can not use localhost on the server...

MikeM

May 14, 2015, 4:51:55 AM5/14/15
to xsocke...@googlegroups.com
i haven't done that yet because on the LAN where the webserver sits is the same LAN im using 2 other pcs to test from and typing the url wasnt working (throwing a "connection refused" error) but using the static ip does work for the webapp, just not xsocket part to trigger the webrtc connection

Ulf Björklund

May 14, 2015, 5:08:48 AM5/14/15
to xsocke...@googlegroups.com
I do not remember exactly how 3.0.3 works, but it sure sounds like a configuration issue.
Hard to say without any more information such as output from the browser and the frames being sent.

MikeM

May 14, 2015, 5:32:23 AM5/14/15
to xsocke...@googlegroups.com
the reading I've just been doing sounds a lot like my router does not like rerouting (requested url is on the same LAN but request has to first go out and come back in)

that aside I figured using static ip on the LAN in my case 192.168.0.104 should suffice for LAN testing ? place of domain name?

I intend updating to xsockets 4 but wanted to get this up and running first as I know the code etc is good and not sure what if any updates will be needed when i upgrade to xsockets 4 - is there much involved?

MikeM

May 14, 2015, 8:56:51 PM5/14/15
to xsocke...@googlegroups.com
the problem was rerouting (some routers do not allow this) means cannot call domain name from the same LAN as the website is hosted.  the work around for development testing so more than one pc can be used on the same lan is...

1. using local static ip of the webserver
2. stored static ip  as global variable for websocketurl in webconfig
3. In the app_start folder in the xsocketsbaootstrapper config used ws://192.168.0.104:4502 (localstatic ip)
4. all normal firewall settings for 4502 and other xsocket needs
5. site url must still run over https and requires an iis development certificate on the webserver

MikeM

May 14, 2015, 8:58:27 PM5/14/15
to xsocke...@googlegroups.com