Does XSockets.NET fit for my needs?

Mind Breaker

Jul 16, 2015, 5:01:02 AM7/16/15
to xsocke...@googlegroups.com
Hello

I'm buidling a webbased solution where 6 or more Clients should stream data from their USB webcams to a server.
I need a server where they can stream to... with another webproject (mvc4 or mvc5) i want to take the streams form the media server to display them in a razor view with JWPlayers where as many people as possible should be able to
access the website with the JWPlayers. For the streaming process from the client to the server I've planned on using a Windows Forms Application Project where the clients just need to select their USB cameras and hit the start button to start the stream.

Now I'm wondering if the XSockets.NET Server is able to pick up the Client streams and prepare them as source for my JWPlayers.
Or to which components form XSockets I do have to pay attention for my project...

Thank you for your answers! :)

Ulf Björklund

Jul 17, 2015, 3:30:07 AM7/17/15
to xsocke...@googlegroups.com
Hi

It is possible to build in XSockets, but there is no such support out of the box.
Even though it is possible I am not sure that XSockets is the best choice....

You would have to build a custom protocol (not hard since it is just another plugin)... My guess is that most of the work will be spent on converting the stream to fit JWPlayer, but if there is examples of this online it might be easy as well.
It would make sense to use XSockets if you also use XSockets to send other data in your solution, but if you are sending video only I am sure that there are better options out there.

Regards
Uffe

Mind Breaker

Jul 17, 2015, 9:50:25 AM7/17/15
to xsocke...@googlegroups.com
Are you sure that it will be difficult to make the streams fitting for the JWPlayer? - becuase its said that the  JWPlayer supports nearly every kind of streams.

Ulf Björklund

Jul 17, 2015, 3:06:07 PM7/17/15
to xsocke...@googlegroups.com
Hi again.

Took a look at JWPlayer and it should be pretty straight forward.
However, I can't see where XSockets fits into the solution.

Regards
Uffe