Windows Update KB3147458

JM

Apr 19, 2016, 5:54:47 AM4/19/16
to XSockets.NET Developer forum
Just to let everyone know , that KB3147458 causes problems with Xsockets encrypted connections.  I am running a client / server connection on version 3.0.6 of Xsockets and after the windows update the clients can no longer connect to the server if the server also includes the update.
When I disable the encrypted connection (wss://) then i works fine again.
Obviously also uninstalling the windows update also restores all connections.

If anyone know of a workaround plse post your comments.

Thanks,
Johan

Uffe Björklund

Apr 19, 2016, 6:21:10 AM4/19/16
to XSockets.NET Developer forum
Hi Johan

We got a report about this from another user with the 3.0.6 version.
We have not yet verified if this is an issue on our commercial clients as well, but if it is we will patch asap and publish the client on github so that the users of 3.0.6 can implement a solution based on our official client if they want to.

For more info about the KB breaking TLS/SSL see https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/Feedback/Details/2590316
So it seems to be a general issue

Regards, Uffe
Team XSockets.NET

JM

Apr 19, 2016, 6:41:12 AM4/19/16
to XSockets.NET Developer forum
Thanks Uffe , that will be great. Nobody wants to rewrite an entire app ;))

I have noticed that the connection issues seems to all depend on the server side.  My server does not include the KB patch therefor all the clients can still connect, but if I update the server with the latest patch I'm sure it will not work as I can't run the client /server on my desktop that includes the latest windows updates.

Regards,
Johan

JM

Apr 22, 2016, 3:25:28 PM4/22/16