Xsockets UWP Sample

JM

Apr 1, 2016, 4:45:08 PM4/1/16
to XSockets.NET Developer forum

Hi Uffe,

Any chance you can include a UWP sample of Xsockets in your git repo ?

Thanks,
johan

Ulf Björklund

Apr 3, 2016, 8:47:48 AM4/3/16
to XSockets.NET Developer forum
Hi Johan

We have tried (for some time) to create a nuget package or UWP since the 6.0 client supports UWP.
So far no success since I truly do not understand how to build a nuget package for UWP :)

Anyway, we can add a UWP sample on github. What kind of thing are you looking for?

Regards, Uffe

JM

Apr 3, 2016, 9:27:33 AM4/3/16
to XSockets.NET Developer forum
Thanks Uffe, that will be great if you can add it to git.

Not looking for something specific , I am learning a bit of XAML and MVVM patterns so I think
Xsockets in UWP will be a great solution.

I'm glad my winform days are over , I really like UWP ;))

Regards,
Johan

JM

Apr 3, 2016, 9:56:22 AM4/3/16
to XSockets.NET Developer forum
Hi Uffe,

On second thought , perhaps you can combine it with something like template 10 that is a really nice starter template for UWP

I always like to see best practices / recommended way of how implement websockets part of UWP.

Regards,
Johan

Ulf Björklund

Apr 13, 2016, 4:15:16 PM4/13/16
to XSockets.NET Developer forum
Hi Johan

We just published a new nuget package for the XSockets.Client
https://www.nuget.org/packages/XSockets.Client

This package supports: .NET 4.5+, Xamarin iOS x64, MonoTouch (iOS), MonoDroid (Android). Universal Apps, WinPhone, WinStore, Win10IoT

We have not yet published a sample project, but since the API is the same regardless of platform it should be straight forward to use it!

Regards, Uffe