Xsockets on windows azure web app (In a Hackathon! Please assist!)

Carlos Alcazar

Nov 14, 2015, 7:39:48 PM11/14/15
to XSockets.NET Developer forum
Hey guys!

So I downloaded the Xsocket sample and changed it a little bit and I can confirm it works locally as well. The problem occurs when I upload it to the Azure web site here: http://diagnosem3.azurewebsites.net/MeetingRoom

Am I supposed to use a certain port in Azure? (I've tried 80, 443, and the default 4402) I turned on web sockets in the Azure app as well.

Ulf Björklund

Nov 15, 2015, 8:19:43 AM11/15/15
to XSockets.NET Developer forum
Hi Carlos

You do not need to enable websockets on Azure since XSockets has its own websocket implementation and does not use Microsoft.WebSockets
Note that you will have to enable websockets on Azure if you use OWIN hosting since OWIN uses Microsoft.WebSockets

Regards
Uffe