Windows Update KB3147458

XSockets.NET Developer forum

Apr 19, 2016, 8:55:20 AM4/19/16
to XSockets.NET Developer forum
Hi everyone

As Johan mentioned in this post (https://groups.google.com/d/msg/xsocketsgroup/X6acTFi63LY/M92YhUS1AwAJ) the update KB3147458 in windows 10 will cause TLS/SSL to break.
However, from what we can tell from our quick tests this update only breakes TLS/SSL on .NET 4.0

This means that XSockets v5 will continue to run wihtout any issues.

We know that many of you use the free version (3.0.6) and since the bug in KB3147458 affects all .NET 4.0 applications we hope that Microsoft will release a patch so that you can continue to run your free servers.
Another option is to abandon XSockets 3.0.6 and go for another product or upgrade to XSockets v5. I would recomend you to abandon 3.0.6 even if this means that you leave XSockets.NET since 3.0.6 has been unsupported for years!

Let me know if you have questions or need help/guidance

Regards, Uffe
CEO - XSockets.NET