SSL / TLS Validation

Danny Meier

Oct 2, 2015, 4:02:11 AM10/2/15
to XSockets.NET Developer forum
Hi,

We are doing some test regarding SSL/TLS certificate validation. If we use a valid an signed certificate everything is fine.
If we're gonna start using unsigned or outdated certificate a AuthenticationException will be thrown. This is absolutely the expected behavior.

Then we started to play around with the "ServicePointManager.ServerCertificateValidationCallback" callback. But this one won't be invoked at all.
At your current XSocketClient (.NET 4.0) implementation, where is the point to hook in to control the validation process? Let's say we want to allow outdated certificates up to 7 days after expiration?

Thank you very much.
Kind regards,
Danny Meier

Ulf Björklund