SSL connectng from WPF

Pablo Meyer

Apr 24, 2015, 5:29:03 PM4/24/15
to xsocke...@googlegroups.com

I have my socket running using ssl (wss).  I'm connecting to that socket from a https page and WPF form. On the WPF form I'm able to connect to the socket without specifying the certificate.

Meaning I don't have this line:

ws.AddClientCertificate(new X509Certificate2(@"C:\slasken\localhost_client_cert.cer"));

How is it that my wpf application connects, I was under the impression that I needed to specify the certificate.  Is is possible for the socket to be doing both normal and ssl connections using wss?

Thanks,

Pablo

Ulf Björklund

Apr 24, 2015, 5:39:26 PM4/24/15
to xsocke...@googlegroups.com
In the current version of XSockets you can choose to use SSL/TLS. When/If you do so the server will need a certificate, but the client can choose to not load a certificate.
Traffic will still be encrypted!

In the next release you can choose to force the client to use a certificate when you use SSL/TLS, and you will also be able to get information about that certificate on the server-side.

Regards
Uffe

Pablo Meyer

Apr 24, 2015, 6:48:32 PM4/24/15
to xsocke...@googlegroups.com
Uffe,

Good to know... out of curiosity... hows does the client decrypt the data
if its not certificate aware?

Thanks,

Pablo

Ulf Björklund

Apr 25, 2015, 3:27:23 AM4/25/15
to xsocke...@googlegroups.com
Hi

/*
Called by clients to begin an asynchronous operation to authenticate the server and optionally the client.
*/

The client will get a "RemotecertificateValidationCallback" with the certificate from the server.

Regards
Uffe