per point seeds

Sebastian Kowalski

Jul 26, 2012, 3:58:48 AM7/26/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
hey list,
to my displeasure i've discovered that the turbulence and random seed
values are per object.. its making somewhat sense, but i am clustering
points to chunks and need seeds value per chunk (via chunk ID per
point).
me could loop around them chunks, but would rather not, cause i'am
aiming at some higher point counts and i am a very impatient one...

any ideas?

-sebastian

Peter Agg

Jul 26, 2012, 4:57:57 AM7/26/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
You could use the chunk ID as a case switcher, then have different turbulence nodes plugged into that, each with a different seed.

Another option might be to have different 'layers' in the turbulence by adding a value into the Turbulence Centre value based on the chunk ID. I've attached a picture which might make sense. Basically I added two points at world zero - normally they'd produce the same turbulence value. However, by adding in a value based on their chunk 'layer', you can now get different results.
turb_Chunks.png

Sebastian Kowalski

Jul 26, 2012, 5:05:38 AM7/26/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
thanks peter, that is a great idea!
just shifting the position ( turb center). why i didnt thought of that.
sebastian

<turb_Chunks.png>

Tim Borgmann

Aug 2, 2012, 10:32:55 AM8/2/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com

Tim Borgmann

Aug 2, 2012, 10:38:52 AM8/2/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
No, for sure not ;)

Please forget it :)

Cheers
Tim

> You sure this was meant for the mailing list?
>> Gruᅵ
>> Tim

Richard Bensley

Aug 2, 2012, 10:36:50 AM8/2/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Urr thanks for showing us your internal processes. Nothing like some exposed PHP!

I would recommend you update your .htaccess, and robots.txt to damage the google index.
--
Richard Bensley - 07540878285

Stefan Kubicek

Aug 2, 2012, 10:33:58 AM8/2/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
You sure this was meant for the mailing list?

> Gruᅵ
> Tim

Stefan Kubicek Co-founder
keyvis digital imagery
Wehrgasse 9 - Grï¿œner Hof
1050 Vienna Austria
Phone: +43/699/12614231
--- www.keyvis.at ste...@keyvis.at ---
-- This email and its attachments are
--confidential and for the recipient only--

Luc-Eric Rousseau

Aug 2, 2012, 11:06:15 AM8/2/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
you guys actually clicked something called "infected-post"? I'm
beginning to understand how malware is so successful. :P

On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 10:36 AM, Richard Bensley
<richard...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Urr thanks for showing us your internal processes. Nothing like some exposed
> PHP!
>
> I would recommend you update your .htaccess, and robots.txt to damage the
> google index.
>

> On 2 August 2012 15:32, Tim Borgmann <in...@bt-3d.de> wrote:
>>
>> Web Access: http://sharefolder.infected-post.de/index.php?w=29242_4rxeu
>> FTP Access: ftp://29242:4r...@sharefolder.infected-post.de
>>
>> Gru�

Richard Bensley

Aug 2, 2012, 11:32:50 AM8/2/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
you guys actually clicked something called "infected-post"? I'm
beginning to understand how malware is so successful. :P

$  uname -or
2.6.32-220.el6.x86_64 GNU/Linux

No problem!