Problem Generating XML from DicomServer

Kiran Garimella

Mar 28, 2007, 5:41:58 PM3/28/07
to xnat_discussion
Hello,
Hoping someone can help me with this problem. I was trying to set
up the DicomServer-1.0.jar to generate XML for import into XNAT, but
when I try to run it on some anonymized DWI images, I get the
following error:

$ $JAVA_HOME/bin/java -cp /homes/2/ghoffman/jars/DicomServer-1.0.jar
org/nrg/dcm/xnat/MRSessionBuilder /homes/13/kgarimel/Desktop/diff
Exception in thread "main" org.jdom.IllegalDataException: The data
"pat179a" is not legal for a JDOM character content: 0x0 is not a
legal XML character.
at org.jdom.Text.setText(Text.java:188)
at org.jdom.Text.<init>(Text.java:99)
at org.jdom.Element.addContent(Element.java:799)
at
org.nrg.dcm.xnat.MRSessionBuilder.build(MRSessionBuilder.java:169)
at
org.nrg.attr.SessionBuilder.writeSession(SessionBuilder.java:119)
at org.nrg.attr.SessionBuilder.run(SessionBuilder.java:191)
at
org.nrg.dcm.xnat.MRSessionBuilder.main(MRSessionBuilder.java:423)

Is this because I'm running it on anonymized data (in which case
some of the fields would be expected to be null)?

Thanks,
-Kiran

Kevin Archie

Mar 28, 2007, 6:14:25 PM3/28/07
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Kiran,

It looks like there's an ASCII NUL (0x00) character in the content of
one of your data fields. This is a little weird (possibly noncompliant
with the DICOM standard), and in principle shouldn't be a result of
anonymization -- though I'd be interested in knowing what program you
used to anonymize.

In any case, we'll need to modify the DicomServer code to strip out
NULs. I'll let you know when we've got a fix for you -- it should be
within the next day or so.

- Kevin

Kevin Archie

Mar 29, 2007, 4:15:21 PM3/29/07
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
Kiran (and everyone else),

The DicomServer version now on the website should fix the problem you
ran into:

http://nrg.wustl.edu/projects/DICOM/DicomServer-1.0.tar.gz

Everyone using DicomServer should download and install this update.

Kiran Garimella

Mar 29, 2007, 7:32:19 PM3/29/07
to xnat_discussion
Kevin,
Thanks for the rapid response. I'll give that a try tonight.

-Kiran