What version of DicomServer should be used with XNAT 1.4

Glenn

May 16, 2008, 9:36:58 AM5/16/08
to xnat_discussion, gabriele...@harvard.edu, tok...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
I am not able to archive MR sessions in an XNAT 1.4 installation. When
I complete the data entry on the archive page and click the Archive
button, nothing happens.

xdat.log contains the following:

File Edit Options Buffers Tools
Help
2008-05-16 08:25:08,034 [http-80-Processor24] ERROR
org.nrg.xnat.ajax.Prearchive - Unable to load image session data for /
space/nexus/35/\
users/prearchive/20080516_082255/INVESTIGATORS_Buckner_1
2008-05-16 08:25:52,288 [http-80-Processor24] WARN
org.nrg.xnat.ajax.Prearchive - moved session /space/nexus/35/users/
prearchive/2008051\
6_082255/INVESTIGATORS_Buckner_1 to /space/nexus/35/users/prearchive/
CBS, but unable to delete original directory.

DicomServer.log contains:

ERROR [pool-1-thread-1] org.nrg.dcm.xnat.MRSessionBuilder
(SessionBuilder.java:194) - Session /space/nexus/35/users/prearchive/
20080516_0\
82255/INVESTIGATORS_Buckner_1.xml summary failed
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /home/xnat/XNAT/XNAT-Appliance/
nexus-1-4-Ubuntu/Local/Storage/prearchive/20080516_082255/
INVESTIGATORS_Buc\
kner_1/RAW/1.MR.INVESTIGATORS_Buckner.
9.134.20070802.173019.840000.8060909281.dcm (No such file or
directory)

Kevin Archie

May 16, 2008, 10:06:27 AM5/16/08
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
Glenn,

I'd usually recommend building from the source code, but that's even more complicated than usual right now. I'll put together a build today and post it sometime this afternoon.

- k
Where can I get the source code? I looked for it on the web page and
didn't find it.

Glenn

On May 16, 10:06 am, Kevin Archie <karc...@npg.wustl.edu> wrote:
> Glenn,
>
> I'd usually recommend building from the source code, but that's even more complicated than usual right now. I'll put together a build today and post it sometime this afternoon.
>
> - k

Kevin Archie

May 16, 2008, 10:43:18 AM5/16/08
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
That's why it's more complicated than usual. We had some trouble with the CVS repository a week or two ago that we're recovering from in our spare time -- projects will generally only get restored to the server as they're requested. It'll take me a couple of hours to get DicomServer and all its dependencies together. Sorry about the delay.

- k
May 19, 2008, 9:31:00 AM5/19/08
to xnat_discussion
Kevin,

I created a new XNAT installation this morning from the
xnat_1_4b_032508 release and then tried to use it with the
DicomServer-1.5 release. Once again, when I hit the Archive button,
nothing happened. The entry in xdat.log was:

2008-05-19 08:24:49,216 [http-80-Processor25] ERROR
org.nrg.xnat.ajax.Prearchive - Unable to load image session data for /
space/nexus/35/\
users/prearchive/20080519_073422/INVESTIGATORS_Buckner_1
2008-05-19 08:24:57,092 [http-80-Processor24] ERROR
org.nrg.xdat.servlet.XDATAjaxServlet -

Glenn

On May 16, 3:43 pm, Kevin Archie <karc...@npg.wustl.edu> wrote:
> Here's a 1.4-compatible DicomServer. Consider it as beta as the rest as 1.4.
>
> http://nrg.wustl.edu/projects/DICOM/DicomServer-1.5.tar.gz
>
> Sometime in the next week or so I'll post the URL for a Subversion repository containing the source.
>
> - k

Anda Pacurar

May 20, 2008, 9:01:49 AM5/20/08
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kevin

I'm trying to edit the configuration file DicomServer.xml as suggested into
the README document that comes with the DicomServer-1.5 .
The readme document makes reference to
"prearc" is the full pathname of the prearchive directory, but I cannot see
any key named prearc in the DicomServer.xml - should I edit instead arcspec
key with the full path of the prearchive dir?
The same for the "schema" key - I can't identify this key in the file

In the arc-dcmstore - should the VERSION be kept as 14a1 or should I assign
another value to this var
VERSION=${VERSION:--xnat-14a1}

Thank you,
Anda

Kevin Archie

May 20, 2008, 9:39:14 AM5/20/08
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
Yes, sorry, the README and the arc-dcmstore script haven't been keeping up with the code. Neither "prearc" nor "schema" elements are used anymore. Also, VERSION should now be 1.5.

Thanks,

- k
May 21, 2008, 10:42:58 AM5/21/08
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
That file should contain the UNIX process ID of the DicomServer. We store it to make "arc-dcmstore stop" work -- we just kill the server process.

The error message you're seeing suggests to me that the script is having trouble writing to the server-pid file, maybe because the directory that's supposed to contain it (/opt/xnat/Prearchive) doesn't exist. The error is actually mostly harmless -- it just means that "arc-dcmstore stop" won't work because we haven't retained the server PID.

- k
May 26, 2008, 10:41:30 AM5/26/08
to xnat_discussion
Hi Kevin

I'm not sure how this DIcomServer tool should work:

Should I start the service only once and then when I use the
DicomServer command lines to retrieve data from a pacs archive....
automatically will the data be stored on the prearchive and some
metadata stored on the db?

Tx.
Anda

Kevin Archie

May 27, 2008, 5:54:02 PM5/27/08
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
The "Address already in use" error probably means that you already have a DicomServer running. If the process ID isn't in the .server-pid file, you'll need to kill the other DicomServer by hand before starting a new one. (So, 'ps' with appropriate arguments for your system to figure out the process id, followed by 'kill -9 {process-id}').

- Kevin