xnat 1.7 first time install

Thad Brown

Mar 10, 2017, 5:36:00 PM3/10/17
to xnat_discussion
Hello - I'm installing a 'from scratch' instance of XNAT. Gcloud Ubuntu 14.04 OS, ubuntu installed tomcat7, vanilla postgres, etc. I've gotten through a fair number of errors, changing heap size, disabling session persistence, and so on. I'm now at a somewhat improved point where I can start tomcat, nothing errors out right away, but when I point the browser to the install two things happen.

First the catalina.out log produces this

SOURCE: /var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/ROOT/
Database up to date.
Mar 10, 2017 8:50:06 PM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol start
INFO: Starting ProtocolHandler ["http-bio-8080"]
Mar 10, 2017 8:50:06 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
INFO: Server startup in 77646 ms
Mar 10, 2017 8:51:20 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor process
INFO: Error parsing HTTP request header
 Note: further occurrences of HTTP header parsing errors will be logged at DEBUG level.
Mar 10, 2017 8:51:26 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor process
INFO: Error parsing HTTP request header
 Note: further occurrences of HTTP header parsing errors will be logged at DEBUG level.

and the browser tries to load every web piece for the site with 500 errors for all of them, and the loads a page that says there was an error and to contact my xnat administrator.

Does any of that ring a bell for anyone?

Thanks much.

Thad Brown

Mar 13, 2017, 11:44:46 AM3/13/17
to xnat_discussion
OK, I did a little more poking around. This is the localhost access logs.

+++++

SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet [default] in context with path [] threw exception
org.nrg.framework.exceptions.NrgServiceRuntimeException: Error [Unknown]: Error [Unknown]: Something super weird happened: I can't find the guest user!
at org.nrg.xdat.XDAT.getUserDetails(XDAT.java:215)
at org.nrg.xnat.security.XnatExpiredPasswordFilter.doFilter(XnatExpiredPasswordFilter.java:62)
at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:330)
at org.springframework.security.web.context.SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.java:91)
at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:330)
at org.springframework.security.web.access.channel.ChannelProcessingFilter.doFilter(ChannelProcessingFilter.java:152)
at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:330)
at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilterInternal(FilterChainProxy.java:213)
at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:176)
at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:346)
at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:262)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:241)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:220)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:122)
at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:501)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:170)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:98)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:950)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:116)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:408)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1041)
at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:607)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:313)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: org.nrg.xdat.security.user.exceptions.UserNotFoundException: Invalid Login and/or Password
at org.nrg.xdat.security.XDATUser.<init>(XDATUser.java:95)
at org.nrg.xdat.security.XDATUserMgmtServiceImpl.getUser(XDATUserMgmtServiceImpl.java:52)
at org.nrg.xdat.security.XDATUserMgmtServiceImpl.getGuestUser(XDATUserMgmtServiceImpl.java:82)
at org.nrg.xdat.security.helpers.Users.getGuest(Users.java:203)
at org.nrg.xdat.XDAT.getUserDetails(XDAT.java:173)
... 26 more

+++++

Anyone have a guess if this is an issue with postgress or the xnat config? The basic xnat user can connect to postgres, is there a guest account I need to config, or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Thanks

- TCB

Herrick, Rick

Mar 27, 2017, 10:55:44 AM3/27/17
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com

Hey Thad, are you still seeing this error?

--

Rick Herrick

Sr. Programmer/Analyst

Neuroinformatics Research Group

Thad Brown

Mar 27, 2017, 1:48:53 PM3/27/17
to xnat_discussion
Hello. I'm all set The pg install was stuck in some odd state between initialization and being usable. It took me some time to figure it out, but I dropped the db, reinstalled the app, and redid the process and could then log in.

Thanks for the response,

- TCB