TaskBox woes

TimOK

Apr 20, 2010, 10:54:05 AM4/20/10
to xnat_discussion
I'm noticing that the old "TaskBox.vm" is no longer present in the
final release. I decided to add a node to the left nav tree to link to
what would have been our previous "Tasks | Browse > Overview" URL e.g.

serverRoot + "/app/action/SearchAction/querytype/new/element/
xnat:mrSessionData/display/overview"

Unfortunately, while I do end up on the correct URL

a) the tab is named "Search 1"
b) the list just shows an error "failed to create search results"

Suffice it to say that things are a bit different now. Any idea how to
make a link to a (MR Session) display in the new XNAT?

Thanks,
Tim

Timothy Olsen

Apr 20, 2010, 11:01:25 AM4/20/10
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
Tim,

Could this be rebuilt as a stored search? You could just use the Add Columns dialog to add the columns that were in your 'overview' display. Once the search was saved, it would show up under Saved Searches. You could use the Administration -> More Options -> Bundles section to add it to other user accounts ( or don't restrict access to it and everyone would see it).

TimOK

Apr 20, 2010, 11:07:43 AM4/20/10
to xnat_discussion
Hmmm... some of the columns in the old display were a result of an
SQLView which actually used the postgresal "CROSSTAB" function to
transpose and bind results to a MR Session Label.

Will I be able to do this?

On Apr 20, 11:01 am, Timothy Olsen <t...@npg.wustl.edu> wrote:
> Tim,
>
> Could this be rebuilt as a stored search?  You could just use the Add Columns dialog to add the columns that were in your 'overview' display.  Once the search was saved, it would show up under Saved Searches.  You could use the Administration -> More Options -> Bundles section to add it to other user accounts ( or don't restrict access to it and everyone would see it).

Timothy Olsen

Apr 20, 2010, 11:18:33 AM4/20/10
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
You should be able to add any fields that were defined as <DisplayField>s in your display xml. If they were accessible in the old search interface, they should be more accessible now.

One note, you may need to add a few attributes to your <DisplayField> for them to be accessible by the search engine in a meaningful way. In addition to the standard fields, you would also need searchable="true" and data-type="string|integer|float|date". There should be examples of these in plugin-resources\project-skeletons\xnat\src\schemas\xnat\display\mrSessionData_display.xml. The data-type field is especially important for fields that are generated from database views.

Tim

TimOK

Apr 20, 2010, 11:47:29 AM4/20/10
to xnat_discussion
Here is an excerpt from my display document:

<DisplayField header="BOLD1" id="BOLD_1" data-type="string"
searchable="true">
<DisplayFieldElement name="Field1" viewName="BOLD_IDS"
viewColumn="BOLD_1"/>
</DisplayField>
<DisplayField header="BOLD2" id="BOLD_2" data-type="string"
searchable="true">
<DisplayFieldElement name="Field1" viewName="BOLD_IDS"
viewColumn="BOLD_2"/>
</DisplayField>

As you mentioned, all DisplayFields are marked searchable="true" and
each has an associated data-type. When I select "Options > Add
Columns" and select these fields, as well as a few others, I select
"Save" and the result comes back with the error message:

"Failed to create search results."

The xdat.log shows:

==> xdat.log <==
2010-04-20 11:38:19,849 [http-80-2] ERROR
org.nrg.xnat.restlet.resources.search.SearchResource - Failed POST
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: relation "bold_ids" does not
exist

at
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException.parseServerError(PSQLException.java:
139)
at
org.postgresql.core.QueryExecutor.executeV3(QueryExecutor.java:152)
at
org.postgresql.core.QueryExecutor.execute(QueryExecutor.java:100)
at
org.postgresql.core.QueryExecutor.execute(QueryExecutor.java:43)
at
org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc1Statement.java:
517)
at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:
50)
at
org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc1Statement.java:
298)

I don't think it's finding my ViewLink. I can run the SQL in that
ViewLink just fine through the psql terminal. I can add built-in
DisplayFields to table columns just fine.... just can't seem to ass
any that I've made it seems.

On Apr 20, 11:18 am, Timothy Olsen <t...@npg.wustl.edu> wrote:
> You should be able to add any fields that were defined as <DisplayField>s in your display xml.  If they were accessible in the old search interface, they should be more accessible now.
>
> One note, you may need to add a few attributes to your <DisplayField> for them to be accessible by the search engine in a meaningful way.  In addition to the standard fields, you would also need searchable="true" and data-type="string|integer|float|date".  There should be examples of these in plugin-resources\project-skeletons\xnat\src\schemas\xnat\display\mrSessionD ata_display.xml.  The data-type field is especially important for fields that are generated from database views.

Timothy Olsen

Apr 20, 2010, 11:55:20 AM4/20/10
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
It looks like the VIEW hasn't been created in the database. Did you run your update.sql before adding your customizations to the display.xml. The update.sql should have contained these views, if the projects/X/src/schemas/X/X_display.xml (and in turn the deployments copy) contained the views when the update.sql was generated.

Can you try regenerating the update.sql by re-running the update.sh. Do a quick grep on that file to see if CREATE statements for the bold_ids view exist. If it does, you may just need to run this on your database, and that bug should go away.

TimOK

Apr 20, 2010, 12:00:35 PM4/20/10
to xnat_discussion
I see, yes, somewhere along the line I didn't run the update SQL
script :-/

We seem to be back in business. Thanks!