Download Images doesn't work for XNAT 1.5

Shuhua Wu

May 26, 2011, 4:03:21 PM5/26/11
to xnat_discussion
Download Images failed in our testing.

Some foundings:

Java console:
java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://hostname/xnat/archive/catalogs/stored/1306439377934.xml

1306439377934.xml exists in cache/4/catalogs/

URL pattern /archive/* is missing in web.xml

Is this a bug or we haven't installed/upgraded properly?

Thanks,
Shuhua

Olsen, Tim

May 26, 2011, 5:40:59 PM5/26/11
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
That is a bug. I've fixed it and just pushed the fix to the public dev repository. You can pull it from there.

https://bitbucket.org/nrg/xdat_release/src/d8a2ee79c5ef/plugin-resources/originals/application-web.xml

Place that file in your XNAT_HOME/plugin-resources/originals/application-web.xml and run your update.sh -Ddeploy=true command. That should resolve the issue.

Tim

Some foundings:

1306439377934.xml exists in cache/4/catalogs/

Thanks,
Shuhua

The material in this message is private and may contain Protected Healthcare Information (PHI). If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that any unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender via telephone or return mail.

Adam Harding

May 26, 2011, 5:51:51 PM5/26/11
to xnat_discussion
Thanks Tim. The installation was built from a fork containing
customizations so we'll test & pull.

Adam

On May 26, 4:40 pm, "Olsen, Tim" <ols...@mir.wustl.edu> wrote:
> That is a bug.  I've fixed it and just pushed the fix to the public dev repository.  You can pull it from there.
>
> https://bitbucket.org/nrg/xdat_release/src/d8a2ee79c5ef/plugin-resour...
>
> Place that file in your XNAT_HOME/plugin-resources/originals/application-web.xml and run your update.sh -Ddeploy=true command.  That should resolve the issue.
>
> Tim

Olsen, Tim

May 26, 2011, 5:58:51 PM5/26/11
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
That fork contains some bug fixes that will be released as part of 1.5.1 (at this rate it will be released Tuesday). We haven't finished our testing of all of the changesets, but the last one (the application-web.xml) should be good to go.

Adam Harding

May 27, 2011, 9:51:16 AM5/27/11
to xnat_discussion
We're aiming to implement the "big" upgrade from 1.4 to 1.5 before
next week in knowledge of the fact we'll just miss 1.5.1, but it looks
like we do need this fix. We'll apply 1.5.1 a little later.

The patched file applied successfully & we'll test shortly.

Adam

Shuhua Wu

May 27, 2011, 10:21:49 AM5/27/11
to xnat_discussion
Thank you Tim.

The FileNotFoundException is fixed. However, another exception broke
the images download.

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Premature end of file.
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:
195)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalError(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:
174)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.java:
388)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLScanner.reportFatalError(XMLScanner.java:
1414)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl
$PrologDriver.next(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:1059)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:
648)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.next(XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.java:
140)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:
511)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:
808)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:
737)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:
119)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:
1205)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl
$JAXPSAXParser.parse(SAXParserImpl.java:522)
at org.nrg.xdat.bean.reader.XDATXMLReader.parse(XDATXMLReader.java:
997)
at org.nrg.xnat.fileManager.DownloaderApplet
$InitSessionThread.InitSession(DownloaderApplet.java:699)
at org.nrg.xnat.fileManager.DownloaderApplet
$InitSessionThread.run(DownloaderApplet.java:554)

The xml file can be pulled by http://hostname/xnat/archive/catalogs/stored/1306503931787.xml
its content:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<cat:Catalog xmlns:arc="http://nrg.wustl.edu/arc" xmlns:cat="http://
nrg.wustl.edu/catalog" xmlns:fs="http://nrg.wustl.edu/fs"
xmlns:phd="http://nrg.wustl.edu/phd" xmlns:pipe="http://nrg.wustl.edu/
pipe" xmlns:prov="http://www.nbirn.net/prov" xmlns:val="http://
nrg.wustl.edu/val" xmlns:wrk="http://nrg.wustl.edu/workflow"
xmlns:xdat="http://nrg.wustl.edu/security" xmlns:xnat="http://
nrg.wustl.edu/xnat" xmlns:xnat_a="http://nrg.wustl.edu/
xnat_assessments" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-
instance">
<cat:sets>
<cat:entrySet ID="PREDICTHD_E11173">
<cat:sets>
<cat:entrySet ID="RAW">
<cat:entries>
<cat:entry
URI="https://hostname/xnat/data/experiments/PREDICTHD_E11173/scans/
T1-30/resources/SNAPSHOTS/files?
format=zip&amp;projectIncludedInPath=true&amp;subjectIncludedInPath=true"
format="ZIP"/>
<cat:entry
URI="https://hostname/xnat/data/experiments/PREDICTHD_E11173/scans/
T1-30/resources/DICOM/files?
format=zip&amp;projectIncludedInPath=true&amp;subjectIncludedInPath=true"
format="ZIP"/>
<cat:entry
URI="https://hostname/xnat/data/experiments/PREDICTHD_E11173/scans/
T2-30/resources/SNAPSHOTS/files?
format=zip&amp;projectIncludedInPath=true&amp;subjectIncludedInPath=true"
format="ZIP"/>
<cat:entry
URI="https://hostname/xnat/data/experiments/PREDICTHD_E11173/scans/
T2-30/resources/DICOM/files?
format=zip&amp;projectIncludedInPath=true&amp;subjectIncludedInPath=true"
format="ZIP"/>
</cat:entries>
</cat:entrySet>
</cat:sets>
</cat:entrySet>
</cat:sets>
</cat:Catalog>

Thanks,
Shuhua

On May 26, 4:40 pm, "Olsen, Tim" <ols...@mir.wustl.edu> wrote:
> That is a bug.  I've fixed it and just pushed the fix to the public dev repository.  You can pull it from there.
>
> https://bitbucket.org/nrg/xdat_release/src/d8a2ee79c5ef/plugin-resour...
>
> Place that file in your XNAT_HOME/plugin-resources/originals/application-web.xml and run your update.sh -Ddeploy=true command.  That should resolve the issue.
>
> Tim

Olsen, Tim

May 27, 2011, 11:43:21 AM5/27/11
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
I wasn't able to reproduce this. Does it happen consistently with different data sets/ scan combinations?

Tim

> I wasn't able to reproduce this.  Does it happen consistently with different data sets/ scan combinations?
>
> Tim

> From: xnat_di...@googlegroups.com [xnat_di...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Shuhua Wu [shuhu...@gmail.com]
> The xml file can be pulled byhttp://hostname/xnat/archive/catalogs/stored/1306503931787.xml

Shuhua Wu

May 27, 2011, 3:45:25 PM5/27/11
to xnat_discussion
The "org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Premature end of file" disappears
when we switch tomcat from 7.0 to 6.0 or 5.5.

Shuhua

On May 27, 12:46 pm, Shuhua Wu <shuhu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I uploaded two samples fromwww.xnat.orgto different new projects.

Olsen, Tim

May 27, 2011, 4:16:57 PM5/27/11
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
So, are you saying that you only see this exception in Tomcat 7?

Tim

> So, are you saying that you only see this exception in Tomcat 7?
>
> Tim

> Sent: Friday, May 27, 2011 2:45 PM
> To: xnat_discussion
> Subject: [XNAT Discussion] Re: Download Images doesn't work for XNAT 1.5
>
> The "org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Premature end of file" disappears
> when we switch tomcat from 7.0 to 6.0 or 5.5.
>
> Shuhua
>
> On May 27, 12:46 pm, Shuhua Wu <shuhu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I uploaded two samples fromwww.xnat.orgtodifferent new projects.

Herrick, Rick

Jun 6, 2011, 10:39:25 AM6/6/11
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
Shuhua,

Are you by any chance using different VMs with the different Tomcat installations? The error is occurring here:

com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$PrologDriver.next()

Everything after that is just preparing the error for delivery. The com.sun... version of the XMLDocumentScannerImpl class is in the rt.jar of the 1.6 VM.

If you do have Tomcat 7 configured to run with another version of the JVM, try switching to using the same version of the JVM that works with Tomcat 5.5 or 6.

Adam Harding

Jun 6, 2011, 1:41:10 PM6/6/11
to xnat_discussion
Rick,

The only change between the two deployments was the freshly un-tgz-ed
Tomcat version into which they were deployed; i.e. same JDK,
environment variables, etc. That may be insufficiently many
differences to use Tomcat 7 (for all I know), but such a drop-in
change has been working with our in-house apps.

I don't have experience with this, but it appears Tomcat 7 introduced
configuration changes to XML validation. The XML seems straightforward
and validates against recent xmllint.

Adam