Possible 1.4.2 bugs

Alex

Feb 3, 2011, 9:07:49 PM2/3/11
to xnat_discussion
I'm testing 1.4.2 that was upgraded from 1.4rc3 with a copy of the
original database. I came across a few problems that might be bugs,
please see below for description and screen captures.

1. When I go to unassigned prearchive and click on a study link, it
takes me to session detail. Instead of project name combo box, it
shows: $om.getProject($project,false).getDisplayID()
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B5EqZ7UllzwSNDRlZTZkNTYtY2ZkYy00N2E3LTlkNTYtZjVlYjJmMzFhZTVj&hl=en&authkey=CJ6ZwacI

2. When I go to Advanced Search, the Select Pivot Data-type to search
combo box is empty.
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B5EqZ7UllzwSN2YxNTI1OWItYzhlZC00ODI0LTgzY2MtNzRlYWQ2M2MyNGU4&hl=en&authkey=COrOxbMC

3. When I pick one of the projects off the main page, it displays just
the top tab panel (Details, Access...), but not the lower tab panel
(Subjects and so on). That happens only in one of the projects.
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B5EqZ7UllzwSYzZlN2E1ZDItZWM2NS00ZDlmLTkyZTYtMmU1M2MxNTQxNTkx&hl=en&authkey=CNz15cQN

Any ideas on how to fix these?

Thanks, Alex.

Alexis

Feb 11, 2011, 3:19:46 AM2/11/11
to xnat_discussion
Dear Alex,

I don't have a precise answer to your problems, however I'm confident
you have a general problem to fix with the security settings.
Additionally to the points you mentioned, I see on all your sreenshots
that in the left panel, the "Data" item cannot be expanded. So unless
you don't have any data stored, which can mean you don't have the
rights to see the data ( but it doesn't tell us if this is at the
project level or at the datatype level ).
One first check you be to go to "Administer" -> "Datatypes", and see
if the datatype list is not empty.
Also you could try to go to "Administer" -> "More Options" and "Clear
DB cache", and maybe also the reload settings options.
If nothing fix the problem, you could try to create a new project and
store data in it, and see if you can browse it.

Alexis

On 3 fév, 21:07, Alex <skiz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm testing 1.4.2 that was upgraded from 1.4rc3 with a copy of the
> original database. I came across a few problems that might be bugs,
> please see below for description and screen captures.
>
> 1. When I go to unassigned prearchive and click on a study link, it
> takes me to session detail. Instead of project name combo box, it
> shows: $om.getProject($project,false).getDisplayID()https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B5EqZ7UllzwSNDRlZTZkNTYtY2ZkYy00N2E3...
>
> 2. When I go to Advanced Search, the Select Pivot Data-type to search
> combo box is empty.https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B5EqZ7UllzwSN2YxNTI1OWItYzhlZC00ODI0...
>
> 3. When I pick one of the projects off the main page, it displays just
> the top tab panel (Details, Access...), but not the lower tab panel
> (Subjects and so on). That happens only in one of the projects.https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B5EqZ7UllzwSYzZlN2E1ZDItZWM2NS00ZDlm...

Alex

Feb 15, 2011, 4:55:07 PM2/15/11
to xnat_discussion
Hi Alexis,

Thank you for your suggestions.

I tried all the options you suggested but that didn't resolve my
problem.

> One first check you be to go to "Administer" -> "Datatypes", and see
> if the datatype list is not empty.

Datatypes were there.

> Also you could try to go to "Administer" -> "More Options" and "Clear
> DB cache", and maybe also the reload settings options.

Clear DB cache, no changes.

> If nothing fix the problem, you could try to create a new project and
> store data in it, and see if you can browse it.

I was able to create a new project.

I'm still looking into this issue.

Thanks, Alex.

Alex

Feb 16, 2011, 8:10:33 PM2/16/11
to xnat_discussion
Sorry for bumping this, but are there any more suggestions about these
issues in 1.4.2?

On Feb 3, 9:07 pm, Alex <skiz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm testing 1.4.2 that was upgraded from 1.4rc3 with a copy of the
> original database. I came across a few problems that might be bugs,
> please see below for description and screen captures.
>
> 1. When I go to unassigned prearchive and click on a study link, it
> takes me to session detail. Instead of project name combo box, it
> shows: $om.getProject($project,false).getDisplayID()https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B5EqZ7UllzwSNDRlZTZkNTYtY2ZkYy00N2E3...
>
> 2. When I go to Advanced Search, the Select Pivot Data-type to search
> combo box is empty.https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B5EqZ7UllzwSN2YxNTI1OWItYzhlZC00ODI0...
>
> 3. When I pick one of the projects off the main page, it displays just
> the top tab panel (Details, Access...), but not the lower tab panel
> (Subjects and so on). That happens only in one of the projects.https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B5EqZ7UllzwSYzZlN2E1ZDItZWM2NS00ZDlm...

Olsen, Tim

Feb 17, 2011, 3:33:15 PM2/17/11
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
1. When I go to unassigned prearchive and click on a study link, it takes me to session detail. Instead of project name combo box, it
shows: $om.getProject($project,false).getDisplayID()
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B5EqZ7UllzwSNDRlZTZkNTYtY2ZkYy00N2E3LTlkNTYtZjVlYjJmMzFhZTVj&hl=en&authkey=CJ6ZwacI

-- Is this for a session that was in the Unassigned folder? If not, I think it's a symptom of the problems you are seeing elsewhere.

2. When I go to Advanced Search, the Select Pivot Data-type to search combo box is empty.
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B5EqZ7UllzwSN2YxNTI1OWItYzhlZC00ODI0LTgzY2MtNzRlYWQ2M2MyNGU4&hl=en&authkey=COrOxbMC

-- Are there any errors in the TOMCAT/webapps/xnat/logs/xdat.log or application.log?

3. When I pick one of the projects off the main page, it displays just the top tab panel (Details, Access...), but not the lower tab panel (Subjects and so on). That happens only in one of the projects.
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B5EqZ7UllzwSYzZlN2E1ZDItZWM2NS00ZDlmLTkyZTYtMmU1M2MxNTQxNTkx&hl=en&authkey=CNz15cQN

-- Try going to the Edit Details page for that project and click submit without making modifications. This should reset the data-type permissions for the project.

Tim

The material in this message is private and may contain Protected Healthcare Information (PHI). If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that any unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender via telephone or return mail.

Alex

Feb 18, 2011, 2:46:40 PM2/18/11
to xnat_discussion
Tim,

On Feb 17, 3:33 pm, "Olsen, Tim" <ols...@mir.wustl.edu> wrote:
> 1. When I go to unassigned prearchive and click on a study link, it takes me to session detail. Instead of project name combo box, it
> shows: $om.getProject($project,false).getDisplayID()https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B5EqZ7UllzwSNDRlZTZkNTYtY2ZkYy00N2E3...
>
> -- Is this for a session that was in the Unassigned folder?  If not, I think it's a symptom of the problems you are seeing elsewhere.

Yes, this happens for all sessions in the Unassigned folder.

> 2. When I go to Advanced Search, the Select Pivot Data-type to search combo box is empty.https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B5EqZ7UllzwSN2YxNTI1OWItYzhlZC00ODI0...
>
> -- Are there any errors in the TOMCAT/webapps/xnat/logs/xdat.log or application.log?

Nothing in the logs.

> 3. When I pick one of the projects off the main page, it displays just the top tab panel (Details, Access...), but not the lower tab panel (Subjects and so on). That happens only in one of the projects.https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B5EqZ7UllzwSYzZlN2E1ZDItZWM2NS00ZDlm...
>
> -- Try going to the Edit Details page for that project and click submit without making modifications.  This should reset the data-type permissions for the project.

Tried changing access rules and submitting as well as submitting
without any changes - still no lower panel.

Thanks, Alex.

Olsen, Tim

Feb 18, 2011, 2:55:25 PM2/18/11
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
>Yes, this happens for all sessions in the Unassigned folder.

In order to archive sessions, they must be in a project folder. Archiving from the Unassigned folder is not allowed. Try moving the sessions to a proper project and reattempting the archive.

What happens if you login as a non-admin user who has access to that project? Do you see the listings then?

Tim

Tim,

Nothing in the logs.

Thanks, Alex.

Alex

Feb 18, 2011, 3:43:37 PM2/18/11
to xnat_discussion
Same result with a non-admin user - no listing. This happens only for
one project as far as I can see. I'm wondering if the data in the
project is causing this.

Olsen, Tim

Feb 21, 2011, 12:44:14 PM2/21/11
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
If it was a problem with the actual data, I would expect to see something in the log. I suspect it might be a permission configuration issue.

When you view all subjects, (via the left bar -> Data -> Subjects) do subjects for this project show up?

When you view the pertinent project page, are there javascript errors reported?

Tim

Olsen, Tim

Mar 1, 2011, 5:22:14 PM3/1/11
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
Regarding the problematic project page, does the project ID for this project include any odd characters? What is the Project ID? We've had a similar bug on one of our servers.

Tim

Mar 1, 2011, 11:49:23 PM3/1/11
to xnat_discussion
The ID is "TP" (without quotes). Project title has an opening and a
closing parenthesis: "Test (Alex)" (without quotes). I tried changing
title to remove the parenthesis - that didn't help.

I'm running this instance (1.4.2) of XNAT in parallel to our
production XNAT. I noticed that the the logs in webapps/
<1.4.2_project_name>/logs are not updated for some reason. The logs in
the production XNAT are updated. I guess that's why I don't see any
errors in the logs. What could be the reason for that?

Alex.

Tim Olsen

Mar 2, 2011, 12:42:35 AM3/2/11
to xnat_discussion
The problem we had locally involved project IDs that started with
integers. Sounds like a different issue, though with similar effect.

There tends to be some log4j confusion when two XNATs are running on
the same server. We generally can avoid running two XNATs on the same
machine, so its been a low priority bug.

Are there any javascript errors on the page? The bottom tabs are
loaded via AJAX, if you view the Network or Resource traffic in
Firefox -> Firebug or Chrome -> Developer Tools does it notify you of
any issues? Any server calls returning a 500 status code?

Tim

Alex

Mar 2, 2011, 5:33:50 PM3/2/11
to xnat_discussion
I do not see any javascript errors or server errors in Chrome's
Developer Tools.

Here's a capture of XHR for a project that doesn't work:
http://goo.gl/iWlov

Here's one for a project that works:
http://goo.gl/wjB0d

Alex.

Olsen, Tim

Mar 3, 2011, 10:58:38 AM3/3/11
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
To go back a few emails, can you see the subjects or sessions when you view ALL using the data link on the left.

> When you view all subjects, (via the left bar -> Data -> Subjects) do subjects for this project show up?

Tim

Alex.

Alex

Mar 3, 2011, 1:22:30 PM3/3/11
to xnat_discussion
Data doesn't expand and when I click on Data nothing happens, no
javascript errors either.

Alex.

Olsen, Tim

Mar 3, 2011, 1:24:29 PM3/3/11
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
Ah. That's broken too. How about if you go to HOST/REST/experiments?format=html ?

Alex.

Alex

Mar 3, 2011, 2:05:34 PM3/3/11
to xnat_discussion
That gives me a list of experiment ids, project ids, date, xsiType,
label, insert date and URI.

Olsen, Tim

Mar 3, 2011, 2:19:05 PM3/3/11
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
Do the experiments for the affected project show up? If you do that URL as an admin account, you should see all experiments in your database.

Tim

Alex

Mar 3, 2011, 2:53:17 PM3/3/11
to xnat_discussion
I can see the affected project's experiments in the list.

Olsen, Tim

Mar 3, 2011, 3:29:19 PM3/3/11
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
I've seen issues similar to this on other upgrades. Its usually some odd configuration thing. Any chance I can get access to this website? Preferably a test version.

ols...@mir.wustl.edu

Alex

Mar 3, 2011, 4:21:39 PM3/3/11
to xnat_discussion, Olsen, Tim
I just sent you the information.

Olsen, Tim

Mar 9, 2011, 12:26:54 PM3/9/11
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com

It looks like this project was created on a 1.4 RC version which had a permissions bug.  Unfortunately, I think the clearest way to fix it is to do some light surgery on your database.

I detail the SQL that should be run here:

http://groups.google.com/group/xnat_discussion/browse_thread/thread/39e414011a8aa320/fdce9c2b4a52e0c7?lnk=gst&q=xdat_element_access#fdce9c2b4a52e0c7

I would recommend the following steps:

·         Backup the database using pg_dump

·         Run this SQL in the above post

·         In the webapp go to Administration -> More Options -> Clear DB Cache

·         Logout and log back in… maybe even restart tomcat just to make sure all caching is purged.

There could be something else wrong to, but this was the first obvious thing I found.

Alex

Mar 25, 2011, 12:27:45 AM3/25/11
to xnat_discussion
Tim,

I followed the directions from the referenced thread, cleared DB cache
and restarted tomcat. I don't see any improvements. What else do you
think could be wrong?

Thanks, Alex.

On Mar 9, 1:26 pm, "Olsen, Tim" <ols...@mir.wustl.edu> wrote:
> It looks like this project was created on a 1.4 RC version which had a permissions bug.  Unfortunately, I think the clearest way to fix it is to do some light surgery on your database.
>
> I detail the SQL that should be run here:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/xnat_discussion/browse_thread/thread/3...
>
> I would recommend the following steps:
>
> *         Backup the database using pg_dump
>
> *         Run this SQL in the above post
>
> *         In the webapp go to Administration -> More Options -> Clear DB Cache
>
> *         Logout and log back in... maybe even restart tomcat just to make sure all caching is purged.
>
> There could be something else wrong to, but this was the first obvious thing I found.
>
> Tim

Alex

Mar 27, 2011, 9:51:36 PM3/27/11
to xnat_discussion
Tim,

I tried to upgrade to 1.5rc1 - got exactly the same symptoms as in
1.4.2. The good news is that I was able to get the logs working in
1.5rc1. Below is the output from the log files from 1.5rc1 upgrade.
Please let me know if that information will clarify the source of the
problem.

Thanks, Alex.

Logs output on login:

xdat.log:

2011-03-27 20:32:04,517 [main] ERROR
org.nrg.xnat.restlet.servlet.XNATRestletServlet - error starting DICOM
SCP
java.net.BindException: Permission denied
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native Method)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(PlainSocketImpl.java:359)
at java.net.ServerSocket.bind(ServerSocket.java:319)
at
org.dcm4che2.net.NetworkConnection.bind(NetworkConnection.java:630)
at org.dcm4che2.net.Device.startListening(Device.java:711)
at org.nrg.dcm.DicomSCP.start(DicomSCP.java:104)
at
org.nrg.xnat.restlet.servlet.XNATRestletServlet.startDicomSCP(XNATRestletServlet.java:
68)
at
org.nrg.xnat.restlet.servlet.XNATRestletServlet.init(XNATRestletServlet.java:
42)
at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:212)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:
1139)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:
966)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:
3956)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:
4230)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:
760)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:
740)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:544)
at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory(HostConfig.java:
927)
at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectories(HostConfig.java:
890)
at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:492)
at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1150)
at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:
311)
at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:
120)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1022)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:736)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1014)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:443)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:
448)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:700)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:
552)
at
39)
at
25)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:
295)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:
433)
2011-03-27 20:32:15,992 [http-8080-Processor21] ERROR
org.nrg.xdat.security.XDATUser -
org.nrg.xft.exception.ElementNotFoundException: Element not found:
'fs:automaticSegmentationData'
at
org.nrg.xft.meta.XFTMetaManager.FindElement(XFTMetaManager.java:224)
at
org.nrg.xft.meta.XFTMetaManager.GetWrappedElementByName(XFTMetaManager.java:
368)
at
org.nrg.xft.schema.Wrappers.GenericWrapper.GenericWrapperElement.GetElement(GenericWrapperElement.java:
167)
at
org.nrg.xdat.schema.SchemaElement.GetElement(SchemaElement.java:112)
at
org.nrg.xdat.security.ElementSecurity.getSchemaElement(ElementSecurity.java:
495)
at
org.nrg.xdat.security.XDATUser.getUnSecuredElements(XDATUser.java:843)
at
org.nrg.xdat.security.XDATUser.getReadableElementDisplays(XDATUser.java:
695)
at
org.nrg.xdat.security.XDATUser.getBrowseableElementDisplays(XDATUser.java:
1613)
at
39)
at
25)
at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTMethod.execute(ASTMethod.java:
260)
at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTReference.execute(ASTReference.java:
207)
at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTReference.value(ASTReference.java:
357)
at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTSetDirective.render(ASTSetDirective.java:
135)
at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTBlock.render(ASTBlock.java:
94)
at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTIfStatement.render(ASTIfStatement.java:
109)
at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.SimpleNode.render(SimpleNode.java:
271)
at org.apache.velocity.Template.merge(Template.java:296)
at
org.apache.velocity.app.Velocity.mergeTemplate(Velocity.java:492)
at
org.apache.velocity.app.Velocity.mergeTemplate(Velocity.java:461)
at
org.apache.turbine.services.velocity.TurbineVelocityService.executeRequest(TurbineVelocityService.java:
415)
at
org.apache.turbine.services.velocity.TurbineVelocityService.handleRequest(TurbineVelocityService.java:
281)
at
org.apache.turbine.services.velocity.TurbineVelocity.handleRequest(TurbineVelocity.java:
71)
at
org.apache.turbine.modules.navigations.VelocityNavigation.buildTemplate(VelocityNavigation.java:
100)
at
org.apache.turbine.modules.navigations.TemplateNavigation.doBuild(TemplateNavigation.java:
66)
at org.apache.turbine.modules.Navigation.build(Navigation.java:
57)
at
org.apache.turbine.modules.NavigationLoader.eval(NavigationLoader.java:
104)
at
org.apache.turbine.util.template.TemplateNavigation.toString(TemplateNavigation.java:
106)
at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTReference.render(ASTReference.java:
321)
[...]
org.apache.turbine.modules.layouts.VelocityOnlyLayout.doBuild(VelocityOnlyLayout.java:
116)
at org.apache.turbine.modules.Layout.build(Layout.java:53)
at
org.apache.turbine.modules.LayoutLoader.exec(LayoutLoader.java:98)
at
org.apache.turbine.modules.pages.DefaultPage.doBuild(DefaultPage.java:
146)
at org.apache.turbine.modules.Page.build(Page.java:53)
at org.apache.turbine.modules.PageLoader.exec(PageLoader.java:
98)
at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.doGet(Turbine.java:751)
at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.doPost(Turbine.java:846)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:
647)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:
729)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:
269)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:
188)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:
213)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:
172)
at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:
433)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:
127)
at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:
117)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:
108)
at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:
174)
at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:
875)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol
$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:
665)
at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:
528)
at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:
81)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool
$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:689)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

velocity.log:

2011-03-27 20:32:02,812 [main] ERROR velocity - VM #xdatSearchForm:
error : too few arguments to macro. Wanted 2 got 0
2011-03-27 20:32:02,838 [main] ERROR velocity - VM #displayFileSystem:
error : too few arguments to macro. Wanted 1 got 0
2011-03-27 20:32:05,086 [http-8080-Processor24] ERROR velocity - Left
side ($data.getSession().getAttribute("user").getUserna
me()) of '==' operation has null value. If a reference, it may not be
in the context. Operation not possible. navigations//No
MenuTop.vm [line 9, column 76]
2011-03-27 20:32:05,087 [http-8080-Processor25] ERROR velocity - Left
side ($data.getSession().getAttribute("user").getUserna
me()) of '==' operation has null value. If a reference, it may not be
in the context. Operation not possible. navigations//No
MenuTop.vm [line 9, column 76]

axis.log:

10812 [main] ERROR
org.apache.axis.configuration.EngineConfigurationFactoryServlet -
Unable to find config file. Creating n
ew servlet engine config file: /WEB-INF/server-config.wsdd

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Logs output on defective project access:

turbine.log:

2011-03-27 20:35:59,622 [http-8080-Processor19] ERROR
org.apache.turbine.services.velocity.TurbineVelocityService - Class
jav
a.util.ArrayList.get threw Exception
at java.util.ArrayList.RangeCheck(ArrayList.java:547)
[...]
org.apache.turbine.modules.screens.VelocityScreen.buildTemplate(VelocityScreen.java:
119)
at
org.apache.turbine.modules.screens.TemplateScreen.doBuild(TemplateScreen.java:
101)
at org.apache.turbine.modules.Screen.build(Screen.java:57)
at
org.apache.turbine.modules.ScreenLoader.eval(ScreenLoader.java:104)
at
org.apache.turbine.modules.layouts.VelocityOnlyLayout.doBuild(VelocityOnlyLayout.java:
92)
at org.apache.turbine.modules.Layout.build(Layout.java:53)
at
org.apache.turbine.modules.LayoutLoader.exec(LayoutLoader.java:98)
at
org.apache.turbine.modules.pages.DefaultPage.doBuild(DefaultPage.java:
146)
at org.apache.turbine.modules.Page.build(Page.java:53)
at org.apache.turbine.modules.PageLoader.exec(PageLoader.java:
98)
at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.doGet(Turbine.java:751)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:
627)
[...]
2011-03-27 20:35:59,735 [http-8080-Processor19] ERROR
org.apache.turbine.services.velocity.TurbineVelocityService - Class
org
.nrg.xdat.om.XnatProjectdata.getBundles threw Exception
java.lang.NullPointerException
at
org.nrg.xdat.om.base.BaseXnatProjectdata.getBundles(BaseXnatProjectdata.java:
1160)
[...]
org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Parse.render(Parse.java:232)
at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTDirective.render(ASTDirective.java:
153)
[...]

2011-03-27 20:35:59,707 [http-8080-Processor19] ERROR velocity - RHS
of #set statement is null. Context will not be modified.
/screens/xnat_projectData/xnat_projectData_actions_box.vm [line 21,
column 1]
2011-03-27 20:35:59,708 [http-8080-Processor19] ERROR velocity - RHS
of #set statement is null. Context will not be modified.
/screens/xnat_projectData/xnat_projectData_actions_box.vm [line 21,
column 1]
2011-03-27 20:35:59,708 [http-8080-Processor19] ERROR velocity - RHS
of #set statement is null. Context will not be modified.
/screens/xnat_projectData/xnat_projectData_actions_box.vm [line 21,
column 1]
2011-03-27 20:35:59,708 [http-8080-Processor19] ERROR velocity - RHS
of #set statement is null. Context will not be modified.
/screens/xnat_projectData/xnat_projectData_actions_box.vm [line 21,
column 1]
2011-03-27 20:35:59,735 [http-8080-Processor19] ERROR velocity - Left
side ($bundles.size()) of '>' operation has null value.
Operation not possible. /screens/xnat_projectData/
xnat_projectData_bundle_tabs.vm [line 2, column 34]
2011-03-27 20:35:59,796 [http-8080-Processor19] ERROR velocity - Left
side ($om.getItem().getGenericSchemaElement().getPrimar
yElements().indexOf("xnat:experimentData")) of '!=' operation has null
value. Operation not possible. navigations//Breadcrumb
.vm [line 127, column 108

xdat.log:

2011-03-27 20:35:59,727 [http-8080-Processor19] ERROR
org.nrg.xdat.om.base.auto.AutoXnatProjectdata -
org.nrg.xft.exception.ElementNotFoundException: Element not found:
'fs:asegRegionAnalysis'
at
org.nrg.xft.meta.XFTMetaManager.FindElement(XFTMetaManager.java:224)
at
org.nrg.xft.meta.XFTMetaManager.GetWrappedElementByName(XFTMetaManager.java:
368)
at
org.nrg.xft.schema.Wrappers.GenericWrapper.GenericWrapperElement.GetElement(GenericWrapperElement.java:
167)
at
org.nrg.xdat.om.base.BaseXnatProjectdata.getDefaultSearch(BaseXnatProjectdata.java:
1246)
at
org.nrg.xdat.om.base.BaseXnatProjectdata.getBundles(BaseXnatProjectdata.java:
1137)
[...]
2011-03-27 20:35:59,733 [http-8080-Processor19] ERROR
org.nrg.xdat.om.base.auto.AutoXnatProjectdata -
org.nrg.xft.exception.ElementNotFoundException: Element not found:
'fs:aparcRegionAnalysis'
[...]
2011-03-27 20:35:59,734 [http-8080-Processor19] ERROR
org.nrg.xdat.om.base.auto.AutoXnatProjectdata -
org.nrg.xft.exception.ElementNotFoundException: Element not found:
'fs:asegRegionAnalysis'
at
org.nrg.xft.meta.XFTMetaManager.FindElement(XFTMetaManager.java:224)
at
org.nrg.xft.meta.XFTMetaManager.GetWrappedElementByName(XFTMetaManager.java:
368)
at
org.nrg.xft.schema.Wrappers.GenericWrapper.GenericWrapperElement.GetElement(GenericWrapperElement.java:
167)
at
org.nrg.xdat.schema.SchemaElement.GetElement(SchemaElement.java:112)
at
org.nrg.xdat.search.DisplaySearch.setRootElement(DisplaySearch.java:
1333)
at
org.nrg.xdat.om.base.BaseXnatProjectdata.getDefaultSearch(BaseXnatProjectdata.java:
1690)
at
org.nrg.xdat.om.base.BaseXnatProjectdata.getDefaultSearch(BaseXnatProjectdata.java:
1173)
at
org.nrg.xdat.om.base.BaseXnatProjectdata.getBundles(BaseXnatProjectdata.java:
1158)
[...]
1175)
[...]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Logs output on going to advanced search:

xdat.log:

2011-03-27 20:45:34,992 [http-8080-Processor22] ERROR
[...]
org.nrg.xdat.security.XDATUser.getSearchableElementDisplays(XDATUser.java:
1680)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Mar 9, 1:26 pm, "Olsen, Tim" <ols...@mir.wustl.edu> wrote:
> It looks like this project was created on a 1.4 RC version which had a permissions bug.  Unfortunately, I think the clearest way to fix it is to do some light surgery on your database.
>
> I detail the SQL that should be run here:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/xnat_discussion/browse_thread/thread/3...
>
> I would recommend the following steps:
>
> *         Backup the database using pg_dump
>
> *         Run this SQL in the above post
>
> *         In the webapp go to Administration -> More Options -> Clear DB Cache
>
> *         Logout and log back in... maybe even restart tomcat just to make sure all caching is purged.
>
> There could be something else wrong to, but this was the first obvious thing I found.
>
> Tim

Kevin Archie

Mar 27, 2011, 10:45:30 PM3/27/11
to xnat_discussion
Alex,

The first error in the log (error starting DICOM SCP) probably
indicates that you have DicomServer 1.4.x running on that machine. The
DICOM C-STORE service is now (as of XNAT 1.5) integrated into XNAT;
your old DicomServer should be shut down so it doesn't get in the way.

- Kevin
> me()) of '==' operation has null value. If a...
>
> read more »

Olsen, Tim

Mar 28, 2011, 12:16:41 PM3/28/11
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
This one...

org.nrg.xft.exception.ElementNotFoundException: Element not found:
'fs:automaticSegmentationData'

Makes it look like your Database expects there to be a freesurfer schema, but it hasn't been added to your new InstanceSettings.xml.

Tim

Tim,

Thanks, Alex.

Logs output on login:

xdat.log:

velocity.log:

axis.log:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

turbine.log:

velocity.log:

xdat.log:

Alex

Mar 28, 2011, 6:14:20 PM3/28/11
to xnat_discussion
I didn't add freesurfer schema to the upgraded instance yet, so I
expected to see these errors in logs.

I'm still trying to resolve the issues caused by the 1.4 bug on
upgraded instances. I followed your instructions on modifying the
database (http://groups.google.com/group/xnat_discussion/msg/
6b3bf86f0186fb68), but that didn't resolve the issues.

Alex.
> [...]
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:
> 174)
>         at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:
> 875)
>         at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol
> $Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:
> 665)
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.ja va:
> 528)
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerW orkerThread.java:
> 81)
>         at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool
> $ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:689)

Alex

Mar 28, 2011, 6:16:09 PM3/28/11
to xnat_discussion
Kevin,

Thank you for your input. I'm running the test instance on the same
server as the production, so the built-in dicom server is conflicting
with the stand-alone dicom server we use in production.

Alex.

> read more »

Archie, Kevin

Mar 29, 2011, 1:22:03 AM3/29/11
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
Alex,

You could set the XNAT 1.5 DICOM port (on the Default Settings page) to some other number so as not to conflict with the 1.4 installation.

- Kevin

Alex

Mar 29, 2011, 3:33:58 PM3/29/11
to xnat_discussion
Kevin,

Thanks, I did that already - no conflict.

Alex.