problems with a new installation HTTP Status 500 -

paulo rodrigues

Sep 18, 2013, 6:10:19 AM9/18/13
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

I'm trying to make a new xnat installation on a new pc, and I'm getting

HTTP Status 404 - /xnat

type Status report

message /xnat

description The requested resource (/xnat) is not available.

Apache Tomcat/7.0.26

In theory I'm doing all the same configuration as I did before, which worked.. maybe I forgot something.
It's a Ubuntu machine.

Any clues?
thanks,
paulo

paulo rodrigues

Sep 18, 2013, 6:18:34 AM9/18/13
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
by 500 I meant 404 :)

Jörg Stadler

Sep 18, 2013, 6:47:16 AM9/18/13
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
did you deploy your installation?

Is there a xnat directory under tomcat/webapps/?

Did you check tomcat/log/catalina.out?

Cheers,
Joerg

> by 500 I meant 404 :)
>
> On Wednesday, September 18, 2013 12:10:19 PM UTC+2, paulo rodrigues wrote:
>
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm trying to make a new xnat installation on a new pc, and I'm getting
>

> HTTP Status 404 - /xnat

> *type* Status report
>
> *message* _/xnat_
>
> *description* _The requested resource (/xnat) is not available._

Herrick, Rick

Sep 18, 2013, 10:51:33 AM9/18/13
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com

That looks like the app’s either not installed in Tomcat or the Tomcat configuration itself is nuked. Have a look at your Tomcat logs. If you’re on Ubuntu, those will be in /var/lib/tomcat[67] (depends on the version you have installed). Look for any error messages there, but I think this is a Tomcat issue, not inherently an XNAT issue.

Rick Herrick

Sr. Programmer/Analyst

Neuroinformatics Research Group

(314) 827-4250

The material in this message is private and may contain Protected Healthcare Information (PHI). If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that any unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender via telephone or return mail.

paulo rodrigues

Sep 18, 2013, 12:20:57 PM9/18/13
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
tomcat7's log (catalina.out) is like this:

(...)
Sep 18, 2013 6:19:04 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployWAR
INFO: Deploying web application archive /var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/xnat.war
Sep 18, 2013 6:19:04 AM org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase addChildInternal
SEVERE: ContainerBase.addChild: start:
org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component [StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[/xnat]]
        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:154)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:895)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:871)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:615)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:958)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployWar.run(HostConfig.java:1599)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1146)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)
Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/nrg/xnat/security/XnatSessionEventPublisher : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0 (unable to load class org.nrg.xnat.security.XnatSessionEventPublisher)
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findClassInternal(WebappClassLoader.java:2840)
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1160)
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1668)
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1546)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.WebAnnotationSet.loadClassAnnotation(WebAnnotationSet.java:144)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.WebAnnotationSet.loadApplicationListenerAnnotations(WebAnnotationSet.java:73)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.WebAnnotationSet.loadApplicationAnnotations(WebAnnotationSet.java:56)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.applicationAnnotationsConfig(ContextConfig.java:381)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.configureStart(ContextConfig.java:858)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.lifecycleEvent(ContextConfig.java:345)
        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:119)
        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleBase.java:90)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5161)
        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
        ... 11 more
Sep 18, 2013 6:19:04 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployWAR
SEVERE: Error deploying web application archive /var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/xnat.war
java.lang.IllegalStateException: ContainerBase.addChild: start: org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component [StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[/xnat]]
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:898)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:871)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:615)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:958)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployWar.run(HostConfig.java:1599)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1146)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)
Sep 18, 2013 6:19:04 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployDirectory
INFO: Deploying web application directory /var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/ROOT
Sep 18, 2013 6:19:05 AM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol start
INFO: Starting ProtocolHandler ["http-bio-8080"]
Sep 18, 2013 6:19:05 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
INFO: Server startup in 1308 ms

Herrick, Rick

Sep 18, 2013, 12:25:08 PM9/18/13
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com

You have an incompatibility between the version of Java you’re using to build XNAT and the version of Java running your Tomcat, similar to this:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/xnat_discussion/Unsupported$20major.minor$20version$2051.0/xnat_discussion/Wt_nXZs6R7c/5KOWkq1FCTwJ

You can either set the JAVA_HOME value for your build environment to use the same Java installation as your Tomcat or set your Tomcat configuration (in Ubuntu/Debian, you’ll find this in /etc/tomcat7/tomct7.conf, I think) to use the same Java installation as your JAVA_HOME setting for your build environment.