Creating a new arcNNN in data

Ben Wagner

May 11, 2010, 2:21:34 PM5/11/10
to xnat_discussion
I'll be needing to split data archives across multiple drives soon.
I've already moved one study to another drive and have its entire
structure appear under /xnat/data through symbolic links. That worked
fine for one study, but now I'll need to "split" a study somehow and
if the new arcNNN could be a link point, it would work wonderfully.

Or are there other suggestions?

Thanks,
Ben

Olsen, Timothy

May 11, 2010, 4:38:38 PM5/11/10
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
Ben,

Unfortunately, there is no user interface for changing the arc for a project. You could modify it directly in the database, in the arc_project table (current_arc). The Arc info is cached by the server, so you'll either need to restart Tomcat or trigger a refresh (by submitting the Administration -> Default Settings page).

That said, modifying the current_arc is poorly tested. It should work properly in theory. But, if you run into issues, please let me know.

Tim

Ben Wagner

May 21, 2010, 5:33:32 PM5/21/10
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Tim. I've changed the db and all seems well.

Ben