New Datatypes

Ben Wagner

Mar 15, 2010, 3:39:37 PM3/15/10
to xnat_discussion
I hoping that I'm missing a simple step here. I'm trying to add a new
datatype and store it. I've:

1)created the XSD
2)added it to the InstanceSetting
3)update.sh and updated SQL
4)add it via "add new datatypes"

Since I didn't see a place to click for this datatype after update, I
added the XDATA_screen_edit..... to the actions for mrSessions. I'm
able then to load the form on screen, but submit appears to have no
action.

Am I missing something here? I've tried to follow the instructions
about "customizing xnat", but haven't had much success this far into
it.

Thanks in Advance,
Ben

Timothy Olsen

Mar 15, 2010, 3:44:48 PM3/15/10
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
Ben,

Which version of XNAT are you running?

Tim

Thanks in Advance,
Ben

Ben Wagner

Mar 15, 2010, 4:00:13 PM3/15/10
to xnat_discussion
1.4 RC3

Timothy Olsen

Mar 15, 2010, 4:06:15 PM3/15/10
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
There was a bug in RC3 which caused this. Take a look here:

http://groups.google.com/group/xnat_discussion/browse_frm/thread/fa0bfea5db5c152b

Also, this should not impact projects which are created after you register the data-type. Try creating a new project, and see if you can create the data-type for that project.

Ben Wagner

Mar 16, 2010, 10:30:43 AM3/16/10
to xnat_discussion
Thanks Tim,
I move my testbed to RC4, and am now having other problems. I
entered the new datatypes xdat edit
(XDATScreen_edit_xxx_vbmVolumetricsData), and turbine responded with a
"Requested Screen not found:
XDATScreen_XDATScreen_edit_xxx_vbmVolumetricsData". So I changed the
action to "edit_xxx_vbmVolumetricsData" and recieve the following in
the turbine.log:

2010-03-16 10:23:17,283 [http-8080-Processor21] ERROR
org.apache.turbine.Turbine - Turbine.handleException:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:

Requested Screen not found:
XDATScreen_edit_xxx_vbmVolumetricsData
Turbine looked in the following modules.packages path:
[org.apache.turbine.app.xnat.modules,
org.nrg.xnat.turbine.modules, org.nrg.xdat.turbine.modules,
org.apache.turbine.app.xnat.modules, org.apache.turbine.modules]

at
org.apache.turbine.modules.ScreenLoader.getInstance(ScreenLoader.java:
190)
at
org.apache.turbine.modules.pages.DefaultPage.doBuild(DefaultPage.java:
139)
at org.apache.turbine.modules.Page.build(Page.java:53)
at org.apache.turbine.modules.PageLoader.exec(PageLoader.java:
98)
at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.doGet(Turbine.java:751)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:
690)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:
803)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:
269)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:
188)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:
210)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:
172)
at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:
433)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:
127)
at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:
117)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:
108)
at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:
151)
at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:
870)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol
$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:
665)
at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:
528)
at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:
81)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool
$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:685)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)

The XDATScreen_edit_xxx_vbmVolumetricsData.vm screen exists in base-
templates/screens/XDATScreen_edit_xxx_vbmVolumetricsData.vm.

Thanks,
Ben

On Mar 15, 4:06 pm, Timothy Olsen <t...@npg.wustl.edu> wrote:
> There was a bug in RC3 which caused this.  Take a look here:
>

> http://groups.google.com/group/xnat_discussion/browse_frm/thread/fa0b...

Ben Wagner

Mar 16, 2010, 10:45:03 AM3/16/10
to xnat_discussion
Quick followup, the simple "edit_xxx_vbmVolumetricsData" works when
there is not a space at the end. However, I'm still not able to hit
submit and have the data stored.

Thanks,
Ben

Timothy Olsen

Mar 16, 2010, 10:54:55 AM3/16/10
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
Ben,

I've added the space issue to our bug tracker.

When you say that you are not able to hit submit and have the data stored, do you mean the button isn't working, or the follow up action isn't saving the item. Are you getting any error output on the screen or in your logs?

Ben Wagner

Mar 16, 2010, 11:06:12 AM3/16/10
to xnat_discussion
I'm not seeing anything change in the logs or on screen. IE shows a
javascript error:

Line: 120
Char: 7
Error: 'xdat_stored_search' is undefined

Ben

Timothy Olsen

Mar 16, 2010, 11:18:50 AM3/16/10
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
Ben, would it be possible for you to send me a copy of your schema?

I'll try to reproduce the issue locally.

Tim
ti...@npg.wustl.edu