Xnat 1.6.5 on Tomcat 6

dave J

Aug 17, 2016, 10:22:56 AM8/17/16
to xnat_discussion
I'm working on FINALLY moving from 1.6.3 to 1.6.5  and have run into issues.  The issue being that XNAT no longer works. period.  I get the login page, but only the input boxes, none of the scripts work, nor are the images loading.   I'm running on Tomcat6,  Did I miss a notice that 1.6.5 requires tomcat 7 or something?

Thanks,
Dave.

Herrick, Rick

Aug 17, 2016, 12:29:33 PM8/17/16
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com

Nope, 1.6.x runs on Tomcat 6 just fine. Are you seeing anything in the logs?

--

Rick Herrick

Sr. Programmer/Analyst

Neuroinformatics Research Group

(314) 740-5961

dave J

Aug 17, 2016, 2:15:28 PM8/17/16
to xnat_discussion
localhost tomcat log fills with the following each time i request the page:

ug 17, 2016 1:14:41 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet adir_xnat threw exception
java.lang.IllegalStateException: No WebApplicationContext found: no ContextLoaderListener registered?
at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:159)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:470)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:298)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:859)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:588)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Aug 17, 2016 1:14:41 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet default threw exception
[...]

Herrick, Rick

Aug 17, 2016, 2:21:43 PM8/17/16
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com

That means that something has gone horribly desperately wrong very early in the process, possibly too early for there to even be any XNAT-generated logs. But, just in case, can you move or remove the files in the logs folder under the XNAT application and see if anything shows up there?

These can be really hard to figure out, but it’s usually something messed up in the deployment or configuration itself, e.g. permissions preventing the Tomcat user from reading configuration files or something like that.

dave J

Aug 17, 2016, 2:40:48 PM8/17/16
to xnat_discussion
Ugh, I got a bit farther.   Turns out I was missing the xnat build folder.   my Finder window (on mac)  said application.log was Zero bytes, but in reality it had an error message clearly stating the problem.

I can log in now, but I'm greeted with "ERROR 404: Failed to load experiment list."

Herrick, Rick

Aug 17, 2016, 2:45:13 PM8/17/16
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com

There’s something wrong in your REST configuration. 99% likely it’s the org.restlet.autoWire setting in your web.xml. Modify that: if it’s set to true, set it to false, if it’s false, set it to true, then restart. That should get set by the builder when building the web.xml, but it can be wonky. Basically, if you have a context path (if you access your XNAT with http://server/xnat or something similar), then org.restlet.autoWire should be true, but if you don’t have a context path (XNAT is the Tomcat root application http://server), it should be false.

dave J

Aug 17, 2016, 2:51:08 PM8/17/16
to xnat_discussion
I don't have a context path.  The app should be at localhost:8080/     autowire is set to false currently.

axis.log has
2483 [main] ERROR org.apache.axis.configuration.EngineConfigurationFactoryServlet  - Unable to find config file.  Creating new servlet engine config file: /WEB-INF/server-config.wsdd

In it. No other errors in any

dave J

Aug 17, 2016, 3:00:11 PM8/17/16
to xnat_discussion
I restarted Tomcat again (no changes)  and now it seems to be working.

Thanks for the help.

Herrick, Rick

Aug 17, 2016, 3:35:23 PM8/17/16
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com