XML Parsing Error: junk after document element

Cico

May 13, 2010, 10:35:02 AM5/13/10
to xmlarsenal-discuss
Hi i have this error what I can do to solve

XML Parsing Error: junk after document element
Location: http://localhost/
Line Number 2, Column 1:<b>Deprecated</b>: Assigning the return value
of new by reference is deprecated in <b>C:\wamp\www\includes\pear
^

Amras Taralom

May 13, 2010, 1:33:46 PM5/13/10
to xmlarsena...@googlegroups.com
Seems you're using PHP 5.3 or higher. In config.inc.php set "ERROR_REPORING"
to "E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE ^ E_DEPRECATED".
Greetings, Amras.

May 14, 2010, 3:24:52 AM5/14/10
to xmlarsena...@googlegroups.com
did you execute the SQL from here
http://code.google.com/p/xmlarsenal/wiki/DBStructure in your cache database?
because it seems you're missing a table. another explaination would be that
you use mysql as the arsenals data database and did not apply the sql-file.

Greetings, Amras.

May 14, 2010, 6:33:25 AM5/14/10
to xmlarsena...@googlegroups.com
you also need both (if you use mysql for the arsenals data database), or at
least the one from http://code.google.com/p/xmlarsenal/wiki/SQLStructure for
the cache database (see config.inc.php)

May 20, 2010, 3:49:20 AM5/20/10
to xmlarsena...@googlegroups.com
did you uncomment the lines above the line 352 and insert your own mysql
characters database values there? because it looks as if you're missing a
database connection to your characters database.

I don't know man but for my don't work, i do all configs on config.inc
i don't understand ar other configs to do for db connection??

On May 20, 10:49 am, "Amras Taralom" <amras-tara...@streber24.de>
wrote:
> did you uncomment the lines above the line 352 and insert your own mysql
> characters database values there? because it looks as if you're missing a
> database connection to your characters database.

> From: "Cico" <nicu...@yahoo.com>

Nick

May 21, 2010, 9:19:09 PM5/21/10
to xmlarsenal-discuss
I have the same issue but this did not solve the problem. I still see
the following:

Firefox
----------
XML Parsing Error: junk after document element
Location: http://www.___.com/
Line Number 2, Column 1:
----------

Chrome
----------
error on line 2 at column 1: Extra content at the end of the document
----------

On May 13, 1:33 pm, "Amras Taralom" <amras-tara...@streber24.de>
wrote:
> Seems you're using PHP 5.3 or higher. In config.inc.php set "ERROR_REPORING"
> to "E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE ^ E_DEPRECATED".
> Greetings, Amras.

Amras Taralom

May 23, 2010, 7:44:18 AM5/23/10
to xmlarsena...@googlegroups.com
well then something else is not working, too :)
please check your config and data grabber for correct mysql data. also make
sure that you have mod_rewrite enabled. does index.xml display?

Index.xml displays, but seems to be missing images/styling?
Config MySQL data is correct. DataGrabber MySQL data is correct on
lines 346-347 and lines 365-366 of PVEDataGrabber.class.php

On May 23, 7:44 am, "Amras Taralom" <amras-tara...@streber24.de>
wrote:
> well then something else is not working, too :)
> please check your config and data grabber for correct mysql data. also make
> sure that you have mod_rewrite enabled. does index.xml display?

Nick

May 23, 2010, 8:59:15 AM5/23/10
to xmlarsenal-discuss
File in the previous post is actually,
Trinity_PVEDataGrabber.class.php. Forgot to write Trinity.
I have also checked that the rewrite module is enabled. It is.

Nick

May 25, 2010, 3:07:41 PM5/25/10
to xmlarsenal-discuss
If anyone knows (or can even take a stab at) how to solve this, please
respond. All responses are appreciated as I really would like to use
this but may end up looking elsewhere if I can't get it to work.

Amras Taralom

May 25, 2010, 3:55:03 PM5/25/10
to xmlarsena...@googlegroups.com
did you try to checkout the newest rev? fixed a similar problem for another
user on this mailing list ;)

May 26, 2010, 6:27:27 PM5/26/10
to xmlarsena...@googlegroups.com
without an error message it will be difficult to help... maybe you apache is
failing somehow to deliver images/styles. plese look into the apache log.

May 26, 2010, 7:17:07 PM5/26/10
to xmlarsenal-discuss
Odd, after reviewing, those files are for a module I used to run on my
server but no longer have there.

Nick

May 26, 2010, 7:50:41 PM5/26/10
to xmlarsenal-discuss
I have fixed those errors from the apache log, and now am faced with
this error when viewing both index.xml and index.php:

"Only one top level element is allowed in an XML document. Error
processing resource 'http://localhost/'. Line 2, Position 2 "

Cico

May 27, 2010, 3:13:40 AM5/27/10
to xmlarsenal-discuss
like this ????
public function __construct(){

//$this->pvpdbconn = mysql_connect("localhost", "root", "mypass",
true) or die(get_class($this).": no connection to database.");
//@mysql_select_db("characters", $this->characters) or die
(get_class($this).": not able to select specified database.");

//extra passwords
if(file_exists('./classes/dataGrabbers/GrabberConfig.php')) include
'./classes/dataGrabbers/GrabberConfig.php';

@mysql_query("CHARACTERS", $this->characters);

wrote:

> did you uncomment the lines above the line 352 and insert your own mysql
> characters database values there? because it looks as if you're missing a
> database connection to your characters database.

> From: "Cico" <nicu...@yahoo.com>

Amras Taralom

May 27, 2010, 4:13:54 AM5/27/10
to xmlarsena...@googlegroups.com
yes, you need to remove the slashes (=uncomment) and put your mysql user
data.
anyhow you should not change other things. the mysql_queries are final and
do not need to be modified. restore it to the original lines:

@mysql_query("SET NAMES 'utf8'", $this->pvpdbconn);
@mysql_query("SET CHARACTER SET 'utf8'", $this->pvpdbconn);

May 27, 2010, 3:13:05 PM5/27/10
to xmlarsenal-discuss
index.xml outputs this:

<b>Deprecated</b>: Assigning the return value of new by reference is

deprecated in <b>C:\www\Arsenal\includes\pear\MDB2.php</b> on line

<b>Deprecated</b>: Assigning the return value of new by reference is

deprecated in <b>C:\www\Arsenal\includes\pear\MDB2.php</b> on line

<b>Deprecated</b>: Assigning the return value of new by reference is

deprecated in <b>C:\www\Arsenal\includes\pear\MDB2\Driver

<b>Deprecated</b>: Assigning the return value of new by reference is

deprecated in <b>C:\www\Arsenal\includes\pear\MDB2\Driver\mysqli.php</
<page globalSearch="1" lang="en_us" requestUrl="/index.xml"
type="front">
<pageIndex>
<related-info/>
</pageIndex>
</page>

On May 27, 4:16 am, "Amras Taralom" <amras-tara...@streber24.de>
wrote:

> please post your html output from index.xml here. maybe you've got some
> extra output from some module oder accidentially inserted a blank space
> before the output (happy searching if it's that ;) ).

Nick

May 27, 2010, 3:51:58 PM5/27/10
to xmlarsenal-discuss
Okay, I've found a few things out. First, it doesn't work in PHP
5.2.11, but works fine in PHP 5.3.1 after modifying some things in the
PHP config.

Rather than using this in the config file:
define('ERROR_REPORING', E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE ^ E_DEPRECATED);

I used this in the PHP ini:
error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED

That fixed it for PHP 5.3.1.

I do still have a problem though, the images load correctly and stuff
is there, but it appears to not be loading the page correctly, there
are some style elements that are somewhat "off" and the page looks
jumbled. Apache error log outputs this:

[error] File does not exist: C:/Web/strings
[error] File does not exist: C:/Web/battlegroups.xmle
[error] File does not exist: C:/Web/login-status.xml
[error] File does not exist: C:/Web/login-status.xml
[error] File does not exist: C:/Web/strings
[error] File does not exist: C:/Web/css
[error] File does not exist: C:/Web/js/_lang

Furthermore, index.php AND index.xml will not load unless I append "?
r=realmname" to the end of the address; otherwise it dies with an
error about "r" being undefined.

Amras Taralom

May 27, 2010, 4:03:34 PM5/27/10
to xmlarsena...@googlegroups.com
the error comes from not settinng E_NOTICE to not display. if you want to do
that in php.ini use

error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_DEPRECATED

the other things are there when you unpacked the zip correctly... i don't
know what to say more about that...

May 27, 2010, 5:34:37 PM5/27/10
to xmlarsenal-discuss
I don't suppose there is a section in which we can post our own
patches for revision is there? I've already fixed several bugs on
several pages.

Amras Taralom

May 27, 2010, 6:04:16 PM5/27/10
to xmlarsena...@googlegroups.com
please send me your code, i'll review it and integrate it unless you plan to
get involved into xmlarsenals development for a longer time in which case i
could grant you svn access after i reviewed some of your patches.
@data column: it is being worked on a grabber which uses the optional new
data table instead of the data column. this should work with all 3.3.3+
versions then.
@items: yes, it's intentional. there are so many item databases out there,
no need to put effort into filters etc when there are sites that already do
a great job.