File Can't be opened

David

Apr 1, 2009, 11:28:31 AM4/1/09
to XMind User Forum
When I try to open one specific .xmind file which was created by
myself I get following error code and can't open the file. Is there
any way I can get my data?

---

Fehler beim Laden des Inhalts einer Datei
-----------------------------
Time: 2009-04-01 17:20:06
XMind: 3.0.2 Pro
Java Version: 1.6.0_07
Java Vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc.
Java Runtime: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment
Version: 1.6.0_07-b06
Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
Version: 10.0-b23
Vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc.
Info: mixed mode
Operating System: Windows Vista 6.0 (x86)
Language: de
Country: CH
-----------------------------
java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
at org.xmind.core.internal.dom.WorkbookBuilderImpl.doLoadFromFile
(WorkbookBuilderImpl.java:215)
at org.xmind.core.internal.AbstractWorkbookBuilder.loadFromFile
(AbstractWorkbookBuilder.java:117)
at org.xmind.ui.internal.editor.FileStoreWorkbookAdapter.loadWorkbook
(FileStoreWorkbookAdapter.java:34)
at org.xmind.ui.internal.editor.WorkbookRef.loadWorkbook
(WorkbookRef.java:314)
at org.xmind.ui.internal.editor.MindMapEditor$LoadWorkbookJob.run
(MindMapEditor.java:1032)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

---

David

Apr 1, 2009, 11:44:22 AM4/1/09
to XMind User Forum
I found the filesize is 0 bites now (and of course cant be opened by a
zip program as suggested in an other discussion).
I was still editing and saving today - after a crash of Xmind 3.0.2
the file couldent be opened again. Seems a half a day of work is lost.

stephen zhu

Apr 4, 2009, 1:10:11 AM4/4/09
to xm...@googlegroups.com
Hi David

What operating system are you using?

Sincerely!

Stephen
=========
Skype: stephen0928

David

Apr 4, 2009, 3:36:06 PM4/4/09
to XMind User Forum
Hi Stephen

In the mentioned case I was using Windows Vista.

Best Regards
David

On 4 Apr., 07:10, stephen zhu <stephen0928....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi David
> What operating system are you using?
>
> Sincerely!
>
> Stephen
> =========
> Skype: stephen0928

Message has been deleted

bono...@gmx.net

Apr 8, 2009, 12:35:38 PM4/8/09
to XMind User Forum
I have got exactly the same problem, same operating system, same
event :-(((

XMind was saving automatically every few minutes, than the programme
froze, so I had to close it - and now the file seems to be gone :-(

Has anyone any ideas how to get it back?

Regards

Soleil

stephen zhu

Apr 12, 2009, 3:05:20 AM4/12/09
to xm...@googlegroups.com
Hi

What about disabling auto-save? What time did you set to auto-save your file?

Sincerely!

Stephen
=========
Skype: stephen0928

Murph

Apr 14, 2009, 3:42:17 PM4/14/09
to XMind User Forum
I have the same issue, same version, using XP.

Disabling auto-save might be a great idea going forward, but is there
any hope of recovering the file? I'm in the same boat... half a day's
work appears to be gone. This is a pretty serious problem, in my
opinion.

On Apr 12, 3:05 am, stephen zhu <stephen0928....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
> What about disabling auto-save? What time did you set to auto-save your
> file?
>
> Sincerely!
>
> Stephen
> =========
> Skype: stephen0928

AndMac

Jun 10, 2009, 11:28:31 PM6/10/09
to XMind User Forum
On Vista my XMind 3.0.2 session crashed while I was moving a topic on
the screen. I opened it again to find the same error as others have
reported here.

Given my system crashed and in doing so corrupted my file, I can't see
how disabling auto-save will help me (auto-save should in theory
protect me from this kind of problem in the first place, no?). As far
as I can tell, the only way I can use XMind 3.0.2 with any peace of
mind is to continually copy my current file in the filesystem so that
when the working file is corrupted, I can go to a previous version. I
don't like the idea of doing this every 5 minutes.

Stephen, has any progress been made on this issue?

Thanks,
Andrew

stephen zhu

Jun 13, 2009, 4:53:23 AM6/13/09
to xm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrew

I think the latest version, v3.0.3 will help you. :) Please download the full version from website.

Sincerely!

Stephen
=========
Skype: stephen0928