Corrupt file

Pascal Ponty

Aug 11, 2010, 2:45:00 AM8/11/10
to XMind User Forum
Hi all,

I somehow lost my work file, upon reopening the program says :

Failed to load contents from file
-----------------------------
Time: 2010-08-11 08:39:21
XMind: 3.1.1 Pro
Java Version: 1.6.0_20
Java Vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc.
Java Runtime: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment
Version: 1.6.0_20-b02
Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
Version: 16.3-b01
Vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc.
Info: mixed mode, sharing
Operating System: Windows XP 5.1 (x86)
Language: fr
Country: FR
-----------------------------
java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
at
org.xmind.core.internal.dom.WorkbookBuilderImpl.doLoadFromFile(WorkbookBuilderImpl.java:
216)
at
org.xmind.core.internal.AbstractWorkbookBuilder.loadFromFile(AbstractWorkbookBuilder.java:
117)
at
org.xmind.ui.internal.editor.FileStoreWorkbookAdapter.loadWorkbook(FileStoreWorkbookAdapter.java:
37)
at
org.xmind.ui.internal.editor.WorkbookRef.loadWorkbook(WorkbookRef.java:
338)
at org.xmind.ui.internal.editor.MindMapEditor
$LoadWorkbookJob.run(MindMapEditor.java:1013)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

Any body has a solution ? I'm very annoyed , it's one day's work

Thanks
Pascal

Bruno Friedmann

Aug 12, 2010, 3:24:01 PM8/12/10
to xm...@googlegroups.com
Pascal unfortunately I think your work is gone, did you have check the size of the .xmind file
did it more than just a 0kb file ...

My advice, never work on a single copy of a file during all one day.
Save it regularly with the ctrl+s
After each important step , do a copy (backup, git,svn commit)

stephen zhu

Sep 1, 2010, 3:47:10 AM9/1/10
to xm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sir

You can try to send the problem file to sup...@xmind.net to try if they can repair it.

Sincerely!

Stephen
=========
Skype: stephen0928

Pascal Ponty

Sep 6, 2010, 1:09:51 PM9/6/10
to XMind User Forum
Sorry for late response

finally I recreated my file
One more occasion to confirm that mindmaps are good for memorizing -
apart from some aesthetics / images, I could recreate most of one
day's work in one hour

Thanks for all the team and people active on the software and the
forum, and especially for the offer to look at my file. But it's over
now.

Pascal

On 1 sep, 09:47, stephen zhu <stephen0928....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Sir
>
> You can try to send the problem file to supp...@xmind.net to try if they can
> repair it.
>
> Sincerely!
>
> Stephen
> =========
> Skype: stephen0928
>
> On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 3:24 AM, Bruno Friedmann
> <friedmann.br...@gmail.com>wrote:
> > xmind+un...@googlegroups.com <xmind%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>.

ftr

Sep 23, 2010, 10:21:30 AM9/23/10
to xm...@googlegroups.com
How did you succeed ? Could yiu just describe the steps because everyone
here can be concerend one day.

Stephen : an item for the wish list: enable automated save as an option

Thanks,
ftr