Failed to load contents from this file caused by 'java.util.zip.ZipException': error in opening zip file

Angrydot

Jan 21, 2010, 10:17:22 AM1/21/10
to XMind User Forum
My laptop battery ran down while I was away and the PC shutdown while
XMind was open. I missed the recovery dialog and now 1 map cannot be
opened. I receive the error:

"Ooops! Failed to load contents from this file. Caused by
'java.util.zip.ZipException': error in opening zip file"

The details of the error are:
Failed to load contents from file
-----------------------------
Time: 2010-01-21 10:08:34
XMind: 3.0.3
Java Version: 1.6.0_17
Java Vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc.
Java Runtime: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment
Version: 1.6.0_17-b04
Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
Version: 14.3-b01
Vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc.
Info: mixed mode, sharing
Operating System: Windows XP 5.1 (x86)
Language: en
Country: US
-----------------------------
java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
at org.xmind.core.internal.dom.WorkbookBuilderImpl.doLoadFromFile
(WorkbookBuilderImpl.java:215)
at org.xmind.core.internal.AbstractWorkbookBuilder.loadFromFile
(AbstractWorkbookBuilder.java:117)
at org.xmind.ui.internal.editor.FileStoreWorkbookAdapter.loadWorkbook
(FileStoreWorkbookAdapter.java:34)
at org.xmind.ui.internal.editor.WorkbookRef.loadWorkbook
(WorkbookRef.java:322)
at org.xmind.ui.internal.editor.MindMapEditor$LoadWorkbookJob.run
(MindMapEditor.java:1032)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

Is there any way to recover this file?

TIA

stephen zhu

Jan 23, 2010, 10:34:40 PM1/23/10
to xm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Angrydot

Your file format has been broken. I guess this file can not be opened any more.
Please download XMind v3.1.1, which has improved the stability.

http://www.xmind.net/downloads/

Sincerely!

Stephen
=========
Skype: stephen0928

Angrydot

Jan 25, 2010, 10:14:06 AM1/25/10
to XMind User Forum
I can open *.xmind files with 7zip. When opening a working file, I see
2 XML files and 2 folders. When opening the broken file, I see what
looks like the entire "My Maps" folder. The broken file is in this
archive with 0 B size and it cannot be extracted.

I guess the file is lost. I also guess my backup strategy failed as
well, as the broken file was backed up the day it broke, but after it
was broken.

> > xmind+un...@googlegroups.com <xmind%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>.

stephen zhu

Jan 25, 2010, 10:57:06 PM1/25/10
to xm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sir

I agree with you. :(
v3.1.1 has improved the backup features.

Sincerely!

Stephen
=========
Skype: stephen0928