xmind-Fehlermeldung

maxmey...@googlemail.com

Apr 23, 2009, 8:50:18 AM4/23/09
to XMind User Forum
Ich habe die portable Version auf einem Linux-suse-11.1-System. Beim
Start kommt immer die Meldung

"An error has occurred. See the log file
/home/Commons/data/configuration-cathy/1240490971187.log"

Aber dieses log gibt es nicht. Hat eine/r ne Idee?

maxmey...@googlemail.com

Apr 23, 2009, 9:02:52 AM4/23/09
to XMind User Forum
Sorry, I didn't see, that the group is in English. Once again:

I downloaded the portable version of xmind to a linux suse-11.1-
system. When launching I get shortly the splash but then only the
Message:

"An error has occurred. See the log file
/home/Commons/data/configuration-cathy/1240490971187.log"

But there is no such log. Does anybody have an idea?

stephen zhu

Apr 23, 2009, 9:15:20 AM4/23/09
to xm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

What JRE are you using?

Sincerely!

Stephen
=========
Skype: stephen0928

maxmey...@googlemail.com

Apr 24, 2009, 1:42:21 AM4/24/09
to XMind User Forum
Good morning,

> What JRE are you using?

jre 1.6.0 by sun.

Thanks! Max

stephen zhu

Apr 24, 2009, 2:20:22 AM4/24/09
to xm...@googlegroups.com
Please try Open JDK

maxmey...@googlemail.com

Apr 24, 2009, 3:34:14 AM4/24/09
to XMind User Forum
I tried. Now I have only java-1.6.0-openjdk. Nevertheless it doesn't
work.
If I try to launch xmind in console, I get the following messages:

<<<<<<snip<<<<<<<<

Please try Open JDK!SESSION 2009-04-24 09:30:11.936
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.6.0_0
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86, WS=gtk, NL=de_DE
Command-line arguments: -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2009-04-24 09:30:12.704
!MESSAGE Error reading configuration: /home/Commons/data/configuration-
cathy/org.eclipse.osgi/.manager/.fileTableLock (file or folder not
found)
!STACK 0
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /home/Commons/data/configuration-cathy/
org.eclipse.osgi/.manager/.fileTableLock (file or folder not found)
at java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(RandomAccessFile.java:233)
at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.Locker_JavaNio.lock
(Locker_JavaNio.java:32)
at org.eclipse.osgi.storagemanager.StorageManager.lock
(StorageManager.java:389)
at org.eclipse.osgi.storagemanager.StorageManager.open
(StorageManager.java:687)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.BaseStorage.initFileManager
(BaseStorage.java:208)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.BaseStorage.initialize
(BaseStorage.java:142)
at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.BaseAdaptor.initializeStorage
(BaseAdaptor.java:124)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.initialize
(Framework.java:180)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.<init>
(Framework.java:152)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.OSGi.createFramework
(OSGi.java:90)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.OSGi.<init>
(OSGi.java:31)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.startup
(EclipseStarter.java:286)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run
(EclipseStarter.java:175)
(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:
549)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:504)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1236)

<<<<<snip<<<<<<

Bruno Friedmann

Apr 24, 2009, 3:49:04 AM4/24/09
to xm...@googlegroups.com
this is a problem in installation path.

when you extract the portable version (linux 32 or 64) put in one folder
~/xmind3/Commons & ~/xmind3/XMind

after that just launch the xmind executable

I've made a quich launcher that I've soft-linked to my ~/bin

#!/bin/sh
cd ~
~/xmind-3.0.2/XMind/xmind "$1"

maxmey...@googlemail.com

Apr 24, 2009, 5:05:11 AM4/24/09
to XMind User Forum
> when you extract the portable version (linux 32 or 64) put in one folder
> ~/xmind3/Commons & ~/xmind3/XMind

I have the folder <Commons> and the folder <XMind> in the same folder.
Then I start with:

> ~/xmind3/XMind/xmind

whereas <XMind> is renamed from <XMind for Linux>. And the problem
remains.
By the way: there is no folder <data> in my folder <Commons>. So I
cannot find the log-file. And I don't understand the error-message-

Bruno Friedmann

Apr 24, 2009, 11:17:10 AM4/24/09
to xm...@googlegroups.com
The data folder would be created when you start the product.
the fact that it crash give an indication :
Have you made a to re-apply ownership on all the directory.

(better to do it by sudo or under root )
chown -Rv your_username:your_group ~/xmind3

Perharps someting wrong happen with the extraction

is your java the same as this one
java -fullversion
java full version "1.6.0_0-b14"

The beginning of the error message

!STACK 0
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /home/Commons/data/configuration-cathy/
org.eclipse.osgi/.manager/.fileTableLock (file or folder not found)

tend to proove xmind not finding it's correct way. like if it was lauch
from a bad directory.
Are you trying the lastest 3.0.2 version ?

Last point (after having chown or check right on directory )
could you try to launch it directly from it's repository
aka
cd ~/xmind3/XMind
./xmind

(perharps there a bug at the first launch which create data repo)

maxmey...@googlemail.com

Apr 25, 2009, 6:54:46 AM4/25/09
to XMind User Forum
I tried everything without succes, till at last this one worked:

> Last point (after having chown or check right on directory )
> could you try to launch it directly from it's repository
> aka
> cd ~/xmind3/XMind
> ./xmind
> (perharps there a bug at the first launch which create data repo)

It's not only the first launch. I have to launch it always from the
repository-folder with
./xmind
But with a little script, this ist of course no problem.

Thank you very much for solving my problem!
So long!
Max