client reconnect

Mark Greene

Feb 2, 2011, 12:11:04 PM2/2/11
to xmemcached
I'm doing some testing of xmemcached client (1.3.1) and I noticed when
I shutdown my membase server and turn it back on, xmemcached
reconnects just fine. However, I can't do any operations as every one
times out. I then restarted the entire machine and every request still
times out.

java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: Timed out(2000) waiting for
operation
at
net.rubyeye.xmemcached.XMemcachedClient.latchWait(XMemcachedClient.java:
2335)
at
net.rubyeye.xmemcached.XMemcachedClient.fetch0(XMemcachedClient.java:
564)
at
net.rubyeye.xmemcached.XMemcachedClient.get0(XMemcachedClient.java:
959)
at
net.rubyeye.xmemcached.XMemcachedClient.get(XMemcachedClient.java:917)
at
net.rubyeye.xmemcached.XMemcachedClient.get(XMemcachedClient.java:928)

The first time I saw this happen, I just reinstalled the membase
server and it worked just fine. But I tried another failure test and
i'm no longer able to do any operations despite being able to connect
to it and view the admin console.

dennis

Feb 2, 2011, 10:19:18 PM2/2/11
to xmemcached
Have you seen any log information just like "Add session xxxx:
11211",it means heal connection was all right.I don't know whether
xmemcached could be worked with membase,i will check this problem on
my machine.

Mark Greene

Feb 2, 2011, 10:32:11 PM2/2/11
to xmemc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dennis,

I actually tried spymemcached as well but got a better more native error from membase. It turns out there a bug on their end. It's a slightly different description but the symptoms are the same. Their bug is defined as removing and adding buckets but in my case, simply restarting the windows service is enough for it never be able to do put/get operations again without reinstalling.

Thanks for looking into it tho.