Number of Processor Cores

Gene Steinberg

Jul 30, 2014, 8:54:58 PM7/30/14
to xca...@googlegroups.com
On a newly-configured server with two Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620, 6 cores each, I set the counts in XCache 3.1.0 to 12, counting both cores.

But when configured, XCache shows 16 splits.

Also, what are proper TTLs to set for WordPress blogs and XenForo forums?

And even the amount of memory.

With 32GB, I can go as high as needed for maximum performance.

Peace,
Gene

Xuefer

Jul 30, 2014, 11:09:08 PM7/30/14
to xca...@googlegroups.com

On Thursday, July 31, 2014, Gene Steinberg <genest...@gmail.com> wrote:
On a newly-configured server with two Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620, 6 cores each, I set the counts in XCache 3.1.0 to 12, counting both cores.

But when configured, XCache shows 16 splits.
It's round up to 2^n
the balance algorithm (between splits) is simply base on performance not to balance the split cache usage evenly. if some split (e.g. #1) is almost full and others (e.g. #4) almost empty, it the (big) item gonna cache is decided to save into #1 won't be rearrange to be in #4. this leads to out of memory, fail to cache. lowering split count or increase xcache.size, should reduce this symptom

Also, what are proper TTLs to set for WordPress blogs and XenForo forums?

And even the amount of memory.

With 32GB, I can go as high as needed for maximum performance.
about xcache.size: check xcache admin page after running for a while, see if the cache is full

Peace,
Gene

--

---

Gene Steinberg

Jul 31, 2014, 11:10:50 AM7/31/14
to xca...@googlegroups.com
What I see so far is that the cache, set at 256M, isn’t filling. The hits increase for a few minutes, then zero out. Seems everything is properly activated and the host’s support people claim it’s OK. But it’s not.

My settings:

Module Info

XCache
XCache Version 3.1.0
Modules Built cacher
DirectiveLocal ValueMaster Value
xcache.coredump_directory
no valueno value
xcache.disable_on_crashOffOff
xcache.experimentalOffOff
xcache.testOffOff
XCache Cacher
XCache Cacher Module enabled
Readonly Protection disabled
Page Request Time 2014-07-31 15:09:27
Cache Init Time 2014-07-31 14:48:11
Cache Instance Id 22205
Opcode Cache enabled, 268,435,456 bytes, 16 split(s), with 8192 slots each
Variable Cache enabled, 134,217,728 bytes, 16 split(s), with 8192 slots each
Shared Memory Schemes mmap
DirectiveLocal ValueMaster Value
xcache.admin.enable_authOffOff
xcache.allocatorbestfitbestfit
xcache.cacherOnOn
xcache.count1212
xcache.gc_interval00
xcache.mmap_path/dev/zero/dev/zero
xcache.readonly_protectionOffOff
xcache.shm_schememmapmmap
xcache.size256M256M
xcache.slots8K8K
xcache.statOnOn
xcache.ttl36003600
xcache.var_allocatorbestfitbestfit
xcache.var_count1212
xcache.var_gc_interval300300
xcache.var_maxttl72007200
xcache.var_namespaceno valueno value
xcache.var_namespace_mode00
xcache.var_size128M128M
xcache.var_slots8K8K
xcache.var_ttl36003600

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "XCache" group.