XCache 3.1.x which features PHP 5.5 support need your testing

moo

Sep 4, 2013, 11:04:55 PM9/4/13
to xca...@googlegroups.com
This is the latest trunk version snapshot, which is 3.1.x dev, you can get it from http://xcache.lighttpd.net/pub/snapshots/trunk-r1352/
sorry for the delay for getting VS2012 up to compile pre-built XCache-PHP 5.5 win32 binaries

NEWS
3.1.0 2013-??-??
========
 * disassembler now working again (fail since 3.0)
 * adds support for PHP_5_5
 * compatible with fcntl fork
 * fix support for __FILE__ __DIR__ to handle files that got moved/hardlinked (move out of xcache.experimental)
========

Please note that 3.1.x not only adds support for PHP 5.5, but also comes with some bug fixes
For those still running PHP 5.4 or 5.3 happened to get those bugs above, you can also try they were fixed already with 3.1
The bug fixes are too big (reads as "may case stability impact") to be made into 3.0.x., because we are always careful to have 1 stable branch and a actively evolving release

I'd like to push 3.1.0 to release fast, as it sit there for some days already. Please try to give it stress test, compatibility test with PHP 5.5 featured *.php code under PHP 5.5 env. Feedback is needed either if it works or fail.

=========

I appreciate AlexisWilke for many improvements on XCache wiki. Those changes are professional and high quality. It's encouraging to have someone beside me to make XCache better.

Andree Christaldi

Sep 5, 2013, 8:35:02 PM9/5/13
to xca...@googlegroups.com
+1 successful build here.

OS: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
PHP Version: 5.5.3
Now running:
with XCache v3.1.0-dev, Copyright (c) 2005-2013, by mOo
with XCache Cacher v3.1.0-dev, Copyright (c) 2005-2013, by mOo

All tests worked, no errors to report.

No Spam please

Sep 6, 2013, 4:43:55 AM9/6/13
to xca...@googlegroups.com

Pierre Schmitz

Sep 6, 2013, 4:59:39 AM9/6/13
to xca...@googlegroups.com
Am 05.09.2013 05:04, schrieb moo:
> I'd like to push 3.1.0 to release fast, as it sit there for some days
> already. Please try to give it stress test, compatibility test with PHP 5.5
> featured *.php code under PHP 5.5 env. Feedback is needed either if it
> works or fail.

We are using a trunk snapshot (currently revision 1341) for a month now.
It runs on archlinux.org and archlinux.de with quite some traffic.
Besides some custom apps it runs fine with MediaWiki, FluxBB,
phpMyAdmin, WordPress, Flyspray and Roundcube. PHP 5.5 specific features
are not used though.

It is also available in our repos since then and there are no reports
about any issues.

In short: +1 for tagging a 3.1 release.

Greetings,

Pierre

Xuefer Tinys

Sep 10, 2013, 5:18:31 AM9/10/13
to xca...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your feedback. Please provide PHP version, what php code you're running, together with feedback :)

The snapshots is updated, links follows:

3.0.4 is an update to 3.0.3 without PHP 5.5 support but with stability improvement.
snapshot of 3.1.0 is updated to include 3.0.4 changes

Changes in 3.0.4 (from 3.0.3)
3.0.4 2013-09-??
ChangeLog
========
 * cacher
   * fixed #323: refix locking impl for threaded env
i really hope it fix #323 (http://xcache.lighttpd.net/ticket/323) but it still need to verify

Chipperdog

Sep 20, 2013, 11:58:10 PM9/20/13
to xca...@googlegroups.com
Running fine here for a little over 24 hours...v3.1.0-dev (r1375) compiled with VS 2012 update 3
Prior to yesterday's rebuild for PHP 5.5.4, I was running PHP 5.5.2 with v3.1.0-dev for a month with no issues.

PHP 5.5.4x64 TS, Apache2.4.6x64 w\PHP module, Wordpress 3.6.1 (Xcache drop-in), Piwik 1.92, MySQL 5.6x64