Issue 58 in gnuxaos: Outright crash of XAOS on Mac

codesite...@google.com

Jan 20, 2012, 5:23:44 PM1/20/12
to xaos-...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 58 by smiley...@gmail.com: Outright crash of XAOS on Mac
http://code.google.com/p/gnuxaos/issues/detail?id=58

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. What version of the product are you using? On what operating system?
Darwin Kernel Version 10.8.0: Tue Jun 7 16:33:36 PDT 2011;
root:xnu-1504.15.3~1/RELEASE_I386 i386, Xaos 3.5.
2. Use for months
3. Create formula SINH(Z)*(Z+{1;1})+C
4. Zoom in and out several times, save as images.
5. Shut down normally.
6. The next day, start machine.
7. About 24 hours later, open program.
10. Try 20 times, each tine program crashes on opening. Send errors to
Apple.
11. Apply all Mac updates.
12. Retry step 10. Same results.
13. Reinstall and uninstall binary 5 or 6 times. Finally although slash
through icon, program does start.

Expect to see the program start.
wtf

May not be reproducible, hav no idea. How come my icon is wrong?

codesite...@google.com

Feb 29, 2012, 4:30:49 PM2/29/12
to xaos-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #1 on issue 58 by jb.langs...@gmail.com: Outright crash of XAOS on
Mac
http://code.google.com/p/gnuxaos/issues/detail?id=58

Did you try deleting your net.sourceforge.xaos.XaoS.plist file for your
Library/Preferences folder as stated in the original bug report? Removing
this file
allows XaoS to start correctly again. Actually before deleting it, please
attach it
to the case so I can see if I can reproduce the error using your file.

codesite...@google.com

Feb 29, 2012, 6:50:28 PM2/29/12
to xaos-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #2 on issue 58 by smiley...@gmail.com: Outright crash of XAOS on Mac
http://code.google.com/p/gnuxaos/issues/detail?id=58

Actually, this is the original bug, Your instructions on the following one
came two days later.
Here's my ~/Library/Preferences/net.sourceforge.xaos.XaoS.plist

Thanks for the help!

(The application was in a stable state for the moment (I think I
reinstalled again since posting the bug). However I did remove the file
(and yes the program still runs). If I have this happen again, I will give
you a new copy before deleting it out.

Attachments:
net.sourceforge.xaos.XaoS.plist 0 bytes

codesite...@google.com

Nov 28, 2012, 8:27:03 PM11/28/12
to xaos-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #3 on issue 58 by timrock...@gmail.com: Outright crash of XAOS on
Mac
http://code.google.com/p/gnuxaos/issues/detail?id=58

I've done all the above fixes and had no success. The program crashed
several times before this and reinstalling did the trick twice. Now it
shuts as it is opening and you see a brief flash of white.

I'm using a MBP 15" 10.6.8
2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
4GB 1067 MHz DDR3