A bug in Xaos 3.5 for Windows...

Chris Thomasson

Feb 22, 2014, 1:31:08 AM2/22/14
to xaos-...@googlegroups.com
I have found a bug in Xaos 3.5 for windows. The formula:

F(Z) = Z^(1.3 - (1 / (LOG(Z) + 0.11))) + 0.42457

Generates a very interesting fractal, however it is in error. I was unable to reproduce it using my own software, and knew something was up. So, I asked the guy in charge of the Saturn and Titan fractal projects about it. Here is the result of our conversation:

Also, here is another bugged formula:

F(Z) = Z^(SQRT(2.0 * Z)) - 0.286

which erroneously produces the following rendering:

I was wondering what might be causing this? I have not really looked to closely at the source code yet. I was just wondering if anybody has had any similar problems with formulas.

FWIW, the bugs create some nice fractals!

;^)

Chris Thomasson

Apr 29, 2014, 3:17:25 PM4/29/14
to xaos-...@googlegroups.com
Here is another bugged formula:

F(Z) = (1.0 / TAN(Z)) / COS(C) * 0.2325

Can anybody shed some light on these anomalies?

:^o