SNIA XAM Initiative hosted concall meeting for ISVs and software developers -- Thursday July 22, 4-5PM Pacific Time

wayne...@emc.com

Jul 21, 2010, 4:33:54 PM7/21/10
to x...@snia.org

The SNIA Initiative wants to engage the XAM developer community for the following discussion points:

- Should SNIA host a XAM plugfest, in mid-September, Santa Clara CA -- would you participate onsite or remotely; for what testing objectives

- What marketing programs should SNIA undertake to raise industry awareness of XAM solutions

- What programs and activities should SNIA XAM Initiative focus on for second half 2010 and 2011 to aide in adoption, deployment,

build industry demand

To join this meeting, please use the following dial-in information.  (More toll-free numbers listed at the end of this email)

Dial-in Instructions:
  - dial a concall number:
       1-888-643-3084 (USA toll free) or
       1-857-207-4204 (not toll free) or  (International toll free numbers listed below)
  - enter 1 on your phone to attend meeting
  - enter this passcode ID number: 92834683#
  - follow the prompts to announce yourself

Date/Time of Call:
07/22/2010 , 07:00 PM Eastern Time // 04:00 PM Pacific Time

If you can not attend the conference call, but have suggestions, recommendations, please email them to X...@snia.org

Several XAM URLs to reference:

SNIA XAM Initiative: http://www.snia.org/forums/xam/

XAM Solutions available in the marketplace: http://www.snia.org/forums/xam/solutions

SNIA XAM Specification: http://www.snia.org/forums/xam/technology/specs/

SNIA XAM SDK: http://www.snia.org/forums/xam/technology/software/

SNIA XAM Developers Group: http://groups.google.com/group/xam-developers-group

Country

Toll-free #

Local toll dial-in #

Int'l toll dial-in #

Antigua

18009881093

Argentina

08006663580

053541170

+54 53541170

Australia

1800107895

Australia

1800097161

01280238327

+61 1280238327

Austria

0800293883

01206091042

+43 1206091042

Bahamas

18009887511

Bahrain

80004370

Belgium

080080799

022006492

+32 22006492

Bolivia

800100617

Chile

12300200430

China

4001200029

China

108007121934 (Netcom only)

China

108001201934 (Telecom only)

Colombia

018009440105

Costa Rica

08000440080

Cyprus

80092424

Czech Republic

800142864

239014112

+420 239014112

Denmark

80889478

43682063

+45 43682063

Dominican Republic

18888038749

Ecuador

8009887511 (Click here for access code to dial before dialing number)

Egypt

8885409783 (Click here for access code to dial before dialing number)

Estonia

8000044320

Finland

0800919478

0972519186

+358 972519186

France

0805540147

0157323313

+33 157323313

Germany

08006646745

06950985552

+49 6950985552

Ghana

217013261

+233 217013261

Greece

0080044145248

Grenada

18009881111

Honduras

8009887511 (Click here for access code to dial before dialing number)

Hong Kong

800930871

30114650

+852 30114650

Hungary

0680016578

0617779141

+36 17779141

Iceland

8008880

India

0008004401562

India

8006981070 (Click here for access code to dial before dialing number)

Indonesia

001803441067

Ireland

1800882434

012420715

+353 12420715

Israel

1809440999

Italy

800871598

0291483215

+39 0291483215

Jamaica

18009881120

Japan

0120925830

0357679520

+81 357679520

Jordan

8009887511 (Click here for access code to dial before dialing number)

Latvia

80002944

Lithuania

880030687

Luxembourg

80024059

24871035

+352 24871035

Malaysia

1800814162

0362074117

+60 362074117

Mexico

0018669300343

Netherlands

08000201642

0202008462

+31 202008462

New Zealand

0800991168

099164905

+64 99164905

Norway

80010740

24159766

+47 24159766

Panama

008000441121

Peru

080053571

Poland

008004421075

0223060053

+48 223060053

Portugal

800844676

217616089

+351 217616089

Romania

0800894796

Russia

81080022381044

84992722055

+7 4992722055

Saudi Arabia

8008444687

Singapore

8004481568

66221240

+65 66221240

South Africa

0800981467

South Korea

007984420995

0234837092

+82 234837092

Spain

900811826

912754650

+34 912754650

Sweden

020790087

0851761388

+46 851761388

Switzerland

0800562306

0445118108

+41 445118108

Taiwan

00801444395

0221621838

+886 221621838

Thailand

0018004411019

Turkey

8885409783 (Click here for access code to dial before dialing number)

United Arab Emirates

80004414961

United Kingdom

08001214662

02030249140

+44 2030249140

United States

8886433084

18572074204

+1 8572074204

Venezuela

08001766485

Mike Horgan

Jul 22, 2010, 7:07:07 PM7/22/10
to xam-develo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Wayne -

5 minutes in and the call hasn't started?  Did I miss it?  Just wanted to let you know that other interested folks may be in the same misguided boat as me.

Best Regards,
Mike Horgan

Reminder that due to the SNIA IP Policy, only bug reports can be accepted as feedback for the specification or code.

--
Mike Horgan
CTO, Interlock Technology

Mike Horgan

Jul 22, 2010, 7:08:30 PM7/22/10
to xam-develo...@googlegroups.com
Oops, I take that back, thanks.  All fine now.

Mark Carlson

Jul 22, 2010, 7:09:05 PM7/22/10
to xam-develo...@googlegroups.com
Wayne is getting the code to start the call. Hang in there...

-- mark

gstu...@googlemail.com

Jul 23, 2010, 4:49:04 AM7/23/10
to xam-develo...@googlegroups.com
Can someone post the minutes or a summary of the meeting?

I was intending to come on the call but fell asleep watching TV (the meeting was at midnight UK time) !!

From: Mark Carlson <mark.c...@oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 17:09:05 -0600
Subject: Re: [XAM Developer] SNIA XAM Initiative hosted concall meeting for ISVs and software developers -- Thursday July 22, 4-5PM Pacific Time

Mike Horgan

Jul 23, 2010, 9:35:45 AM7/23/10
to xam-develo...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for the incorrect reply address folks - Graham and I go way back :)

Best Regards,
Mike Horgan

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 9:33 AM, Mike Horgan <mi...@interlock-tech.com> wrote:
Hey G -

I was on, truly fascinating stuff ;)

The only non-SNIA folks on the call were myself and Clark Hodge (along with Wayne Adams, Mark Carlson and Hope (literally and figuratively)).  To me it was mostly a call about "how can we drive more adoption of the standard" but given the small group it was more like a reality check on the current state of things with some discussion of CDMI as the next great hope for SNIA archiving standards.  Oh, and they decided to cancel the SDC XAM PlugFest for this year.  Overall it was pretty informal and not very much was accomplished. Seems to be the way it goes with XAM these days.

On a brighter note, we have one of our boxes in the partner lab at 80 South and the testing is going well so far.... and also we moved into an actual office in Waltham, MA.

When's your next trip over? Oh, and nice work at St. Andrews last weekend :)

Kramer

Mike Horgan