XADisk with network driver failed

Wang Xusheng

Apr 17, 2012, 4:01:29 AM4/17/12
to XADisk
Hi:
I copy files on network driver to the same driver using xadisk, it
failed with error. But if I copy from network drivers to local disk,
it suceeded. I can copy these files using windows explorer.

org.xadisk.filesystem.exceptions.XASystemNoMoreAvailableException: The
XADisk instance has encoutered a critial issue and is no more
available. Such a condition is very rare. If you think you have setup
everything right for XADisk to work, please consider discussing in
XADisk forums, or raising a bug with details
at
org.xadisk.filesystem.NativeXAFileSystem.notifySystemFailure(NativeXAFileSystem.java:
488)
at org.xadisk.filesystem.NativeSession.commit(NativeSession.java:707)
at org.xadisk.filesystem.NativeSession.commit(NativeSession.java:
1196)

Nitin Verma

Apr 17, 2012, 1:10:53 PM4/17/12
to XADisk
Hi Wang,

It would be great if you can post the complete stacktrace (including
the inner "Caused By" exceptions). From what I understand from the
problem explanation (writes on network driver failing), it is most
likely an exception saying "Directory changes could not be forced-to-
disk during transaction commit". If this is the error you see in the
complete stacktrace, then you are hitting a known issue
http://java.net/jira/browse/xadisk-100.

As mentioned in this bug, a workaround for such exception is to
disable directory synchronization using setSynchronizeDirectoryChanges
(http://xadisk.java.net/javadoc/1.2/org/xadisk/filesystem/
FileSystemConfiguration.html#setSynchronizeDirectoryChanges
%28java.lang.Boolean%29).

Thanks,
Nitin