7.8. Induced metrics

zhr moulaei

Jul 30, 2016, 2:20:31 PM7/30/16
to xAct Tensor Computer Algebra
Hello
please  answer to my problems in ADM decomposition.
I am trying  to apply this part of the XAct , X tensor (7.8. Induced metrics) but i have some problems in it, so it is very kind of you if you answer my questions.
I have the following error and i will send you my file ,

In[26]:= % /. Projectormetrich \[RightArrow] ProjectWith[metrich]

During evaluation of In[26]:= ReplaceAll::reps: {Projectormetrich\[RightArrow]ProjectWith[metrich]} is neither a list of replacement rules nor a valid dispatch table, and so cannot be used for replacing. >>

Out[26]= Projectormetrich[
RicciCD[-a, -b]] /.
 Projectormetrich \[RightArrow] ProjectWith[metrich]

vu2new.nb

Leo Stein

Jul 30, 2016, 2:26:45 PM7/30/16
to zhr moulaei, xAct Tensor Computer Algebra
Hi,

For this to be a rule, you want \[Rule] instead of \[RightArrow]. Visually, the two symbols look the same in the GUI. How did you input the arrow? The easiest way is just to type -> (minus, right-angled-bracket). Copy/pasting the arrow which is a \[Rule] will still result in a rule, so I don't understand where \[RightArrow] came from.

Good luck
Leo