Error from ToCanonical with xTensor 1.1.1 (Yosemite, Mathematica 10)

136 visualitzacions
Ves al primer missatge no llegit

Erik Schnetter

no llegida,
13 de nov. 2014, 16:42:3113/11/14
a xa...@googlegroups.com
I am encountering an error from ToCanonical when calling Conformal. I am using Mathematica 10.0.1.0 on OS X 10.10 Yosemite, with xPerm 1.2.2, xTensor 1.1.1, xPert 1.0.5, and xPand 0.4.2.

The error message is

ToCanonical::noident: Unknown expression not canonicalized: SeparateMetric[g,AIndex][i[Overscript[g, _] a^2] \[Nu] \[Mu] ,\[Mu]] .

I have posted the respective Mathematica notebook (with output, including this error) at <https://gist.github.com/eschnett/fce8809e5ca470454d76>. The error message appears on line 2244 there, which corresponds to In[11] of the notebook.

This error looks familiar to the errors that people were seeing with the previous version of xTensor, 1.1.0. To my knowledge it has gone away; at least this discussion group is silent about it.

I would be grateful about any pointers.

-erik

Thomas Bäckdahl

no llegida,
13 de nov. 2014, 16:58:5413/11/14
a xa...@googlegroups.com
Hi Erik!

Thank you for describing the problem so well.
Due to syntax highlighting I found what the problem is:
When you define the manifold you use \[Micro] as an index while later you use \[Mu] as an index even though it is not defined. These symbols look very similar and it is therefore difficult to spot.

Hence, what happens is that the canonicalizer finds the symbol \[Mu] in the expression, and it does not know what to do with it because it is not defined as an index.

Regards
Thomas

Erik Schnetter

no llegida,
27 de nov. 2014, 13:45:1027/11/14
a xa...@googlegroups.com
Thomas

Thank you very much! Thank you also for the pointer to syntax highlighting.

-erik
Respon a tots
Respon a l'autor
Reenvia