Conformal factors in xPand

Tom Zlosnik

Feb 21, 2017, 1:10:17 AM2/21/17
to xAct Tensor Computer Algebra
Hi everyone,

I'm using the xPand package to help with some cosmological perturbations.

The package has a function DefConformalMetric[]. For example, DefConformalMetric[g,S] (where g[a,b] is a metric tensor and S[] is a scalar field) will generate a new metric gS2[a,b] = S[]^2 * g[a,b] .

What I would like is for S[] to itself be recognized as a function of another scalar e.g. S[] = Exp[V[]] and then for the function
Conformal[g,gS2] to make use of that relation when doing a conformal transformation.

Is this possible?

Apologies if I've missed something basic, I'm new to the package.

Tom