How to work SortCovDsToBox then !!!

Ali rezaie

Dec 1, 2017, 4:14:44 PM12/1/17
to xAct Tensor Computer Algebra
Hi!
I have many terms including derivatives and boxes and know that \box \xi_a =0.
My terms look like:(in any orders)
\partial \partia \xi (\partial^a\partial_a \partial_c \partial_b \xi_d)+ ......
To omit them I made a rule by:
AutomaticRules[\xi, MakeRule{PD[-a]@PD[a]@\xi[b] , 0}]
Then I am using SortCovDsToBox to commute boxes and derivative to see \box \xi^a =0 through my ansantz.
SortCovDsToBox[\xi][%];
I used it to commute derivatives such that the boxes can act on \xi like the way I learned about SortCovDsToDiv from Loe Stein.But it does not work at all. Not only could not I cancel the terms likes above but also simple forms like \partial \box \xi.
Could you please help me?
many thanks
Ali
PS. I am in Flat space.