Connection to external MinGW executable failed & request for a Mathlink

nick

Nov 20, 2016, 4:33:52 PM11/20/16
to xAct Tensor Computer Algebra
Hi,
I'm trying to use xAct on Mathematica 11 and I'm having some problems in loading the x packages.
For example, when I execute
Needs["xAct`xTensor`"]
or
<< xAct`xTensor`

"Connecting to external MinGW executable..." appears and then a window which asks to me to "choose a Mathlink program to launch".
Hence, I do not know what to choose  or how to continue the evaluation.
Thank you in advance for the help.
Best,

Nicolò

Thomas Bäckdahl

Dec 17, 2016, 2:36:32 AM12/17/16
to xa...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I am sorry for the delay.

To track down the problem, I would need to know in which folder you installed xAct. Do you have several versions of xAct or several versions of Mathematica?
Make sure that you have
xAct\xPerm\mathlink\xperm.win64
made 2014-09-28

Do you have Read and execute rights in all xAct folders?

Regards
Thomas