Local Tetrads in Kerr Geometry

hannu...@phy.cuhk.edu.hk

Jul 3, 2016, 11:49:42 AM7/3/16
to xAct Tensor Computer Algebra
Hi! I have been trying to get local tetrads to work in Kerr geometry but have not really found a way to do this properly in xAct. So far, I have a definition for the local orhonormal basis (vierbein) in Kerr geometry from: https://arxiv.org/pdf/1105.0094.pdf that I can use to transform between the local frame and the global Kerr frame. I was wondering if the easier approach to define the vierbein is with AllComponentValues like one traditionally would for tensors.

I looked at the xCobaDoc2.nb and it seems to have support for basis changes but from what I understand the CTensor formalism does not yet support e.g. interlacing with metric perturbations and some other features I like.

Thanks a lot in advance. I appreciate it!