Hiding the output of xact commands.

cjlon...@sheffield.ac.uk

Feb 24, 2017, 7:06:21 AM2/24/17
to xAct Tensor Computer Algebra
This is strictly a "quality of life" improvement, but is there any way to suppress outputs like:

** DefManifold: Defining manifold M.
** DefVBundle: Defining vbundle TangentM.

Unlike normal Mathematica code, adding a semi-colon to the end of the input line does not hide these messages, and this means when I run my script containing definitions of a handful of manifolds and metrics, I have to scroll through hundreds of lines of these declarations before getting to the cells below in which I actually do computations with them.

Thank you,

Chris

Barry Wardell

Feb 24, 2017, 7:48:56 AM2/24/17
to cjlon...@sheffield.ac.uk, xAct Tensor Computer Algebra
Hi Chris,

You can disable these messages by setting "$DefInfoQ = False". You may also find it useful to set "$CVVerbose = False".

Regards,
Barry

cjlon...@sheffield.ac.uk

Feb 25, 2017, 8:35:14 AM2/25/17