Problem in AllContractions

Ali rezaie

Oct 31, 2017, 10:07:55 AM10/31/17
to xAct Tensor Computer Algebra
Hi
I know that  AllContractions[] can be used for All possible contractions.when I used it for some derivatives and some fields the program does not work as the arXiv:1308.3493v1 by Teake Nutma.
I wanted to see all possible independent term with [\phi\phi\phi\PD\PD\PD\PD] but it gave me nothing except errors .my \phi has got 2 indexes.
Could someone please help me how I can find all possible independent terms with this structure?
I would like to see all possible terms. then I would like to omit some of the terms for example /. \phi^a_a=0 is it true after AllContractions[]?
How can I do?
Many thanks in advance.
Ali

Mario Herrero Valea

Oct 31, 2017, 3:19:51 PM10/31/17
to Ali rezaie, xAct Tensor Computer Algebra
Hi,

It works for me with this simple code. Just take into account that derivatives must be acting on something, thus the definition of the dummy tensor.

<< xAct`xTras`
DefManifold[M, dim, IndexRange[{a, z}]];
DefMetric[1, gm[-a, -b], CD, {";", "\[PartialD]"}, WeightedWithBasis -> AIndex];

DefTensor[phi[a, b], M]

DefTensor[dummy[], M]

AllContractions[phi[a, b] phi[c, d] CD[e]@CD[f]@CD[g]@CD[h]@dummy[]]

Later on you can set phi[a,-a] to zero with a rule.

Cheers,
Mario

Ali rezaie

Nov 1, 2017, 6:33:24 AM11/1/17
to xAct Tensor Computer Algebra
Dear Mario
many thanks for replying.
I could not operate your code as well.I am writing like Team Nutma but I have a problem yet for simpler cases which is not my case.
The problem which is in arXiv:1308.3493v1 :
DefManifold[M, dim, IndexRange[a,m]];
DefMetric[-1, metric[-a,-b], PD, PrintAs -> "η",FlatMetric -> True, SymbolOfCovD -> {",","∂"}];
SetOptions[SymmetryOf, ConstantMetric -> True];
DefTensor[H[-a, -b], M, Symmetric[{-a, -b}], PrintAs -> "h"];
DefTensor[xi[a], M, PrintAs -> "ξ"];
Sterms = AllContractions[ H[a, b] PD[c]@PD[d]@H[e, f] ]

IT is the error:
ParallelCombine::nopar: No parallel kernels available; proceeding with sequential evaluation. >>
I will attach the pic of my text as well. I hope to solve this with your help.
Best

Ali rezaie

Nov 1, 2017, 12:43:13 PM11/1/17
to xAct Tensor Computer Algebra
It works, but I would like to see all possible independent terms with 3 fields and 4 derivatives.
Is there any way to help me more or not?
many thanks.
Ali