ADM decomposition

zhr moulaei

Jul 25, 2016, 9:34:40 AM7/25/16
to xAct Tensor Computer Algebra
Hello

I tried to perform this section "7.8. Induced metrics", but in part of   "InducedDecomposition[V[-a], {h, n}]" , i faced to a problem ???, i will send you my file.

Thank you very much
zhr
Untitled-2.nb

pedram karimi

Jul 27, 2016, 12:57:01 AM7/27/16
to xAct Tensor Computer Algebra
hello,
The vector "V[a]" did not define in your file.

zhr moulaei

Jul 27, 2016, 8:22:40 AM7/27/16
to xAct Tensor Computer Algebra
Thank you for your answer , but i defined   as    DefTensor[V[-a], M3], you can see that in my file

zhr moulaei

Jul 27, 2016, 8:22:40 AM7/27/16
to xAct Tensor Computer Algebra
i will send you another file as you can see

On Wednesday, July 27, 2016 at 9:27:01 AM UTC+4:30, pedram karimi wrote:
vu2.nb

zhr moulaei

Jul 27, 2016, 7:49:08 PM7/27/16
to xAct Tensor Computer Algebra
Hello

I have an important problem in ((7.8. Induced metrics)), Please HELP ME.

I have an error in ADM decomposition , i send my file , it would be very kind of you if you answer to me.

Thank you
vu2.nb

Alfonso Jacinto García Parrado Gómez Lobo

Jul 28, 2016, 10:24:29 AM7/28/16
to zhr moulaei, xAct Tensor Computer Algebra
Hi,

could you please indicate where the error in the file you sent is ?

Please give as many details as possible.

Thank you very much.

Alfonso.

Jul 28, 2016, 6:55:59 PM7/28/16
to xAct Tensor Computer Algebra
for this part :  InducedDecomposition[V[-a], {h, n}] , i have this result :  Projectorh[
V[-a]] - n[-a]  xAct`xTensor`Scalar[n[m$1474] V[-m$1474]],  and every  details is in attachment part.

Thank you very much for your attention

On Monday, July 25, 2016 at 6:04:40 PM UTC+4:30, zhr moulaei wrote:
vu2.nb

Alfonso Jacinto García Parrado Gómez Lobo

Jul 29, 2016, 3:29:40 AM7/29/16
to Zahra Molaee, xa...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

the result you get is correct. Note that in a notebook  any expression wrapped by xAct`xTensor`Scalar is formatted as enclosed within a pair of red rounded brackets.  You can find the meaning of the "Scalar" head by reading section 10.3 of xTensor documentation notebook or looking into the on-line help of the symbol Scalar, like this:

?Scalar

Alfonso.

for this part :  InducedDecomposition[V[-a], {h, n}] , i have this result :  Projectorh[
V[-a]] - n[-a]  xAct`xTensor`Scalar[n[m$1474] V[-m$1474]],  and every  details is in attachment part.

Thank you very much for your attention

zhr moulaei

Jul 29, 2016, 11:05:01 AM7/29/16
to xAct Tensor Computer Algebra
Thank you very much for your answers, in continuing my work i have the following problem  : may you answer to me , why this error occur?

In[26]:= % /. Projectormetrich \[RightArrow] ProjectWith[metrich]

During evaluation of In[26]:= ReplaceAll::reps: {Projectormetrich\[RightArrow]ProjectWith[metrich]} is neither a list of replacement rules nor a valid dispatch table, and so cannot be used for replacing. >>

Out[26]= Projectormetrich[
RicciCD[-a, -b]] /.
 Projectormetrich \[RightArrow] ProjectWith[metrich]

On Monday, July 25, 2016 at 6:04:40 PM UTC+4:30, zhr moulaei wrote:
vu2new.nb