Package Conflict

Nathan Moynihan

May 16, 2016, 7:28:25 AM5/16/16
to xAct Tensor Computer Algebra
I am using xAct to calculate some scattering amplitudes and I have run into a strange bug due to two packages conflicting, namely xAct and Spinors@Mathematica (S@M).

When I try and use a replacement rule to expand some terms, I get errors of the type:

“IndexForm::nouse: Attempting to apply IndexForm on 0.”

I have found that having $PrePrint = ScreenDollarIndices; causes this problem, but it also seems that simply using the function ScreenDollarIndices[] will also cause it. I have also tried ClearAll[$PrePrint] to no avail.

Short of unloading S@M (which I can't really do), I'm not sure how to fix this one. Anyone have any ideas? Minimal example attached.

Thank you.
minimal_example.zip

Thomas Bäckdahl

May 16, 2016, 7:40:57 AM5/16/16
to Nathan Moynihan, xAct Tensor Computer Algebra
Hi!
It seems like your minimal example was a bit to minimal, because I can not see the error message in your file.
The only error message I get is a missing sm\SamPalette.nb file.

Regards
Thomas