calculate the Ricci tensor of an n-dimensional metric

Meng-Sen Ma

Jun 11, 2018, 10:01:42 AM6/11/18
to xAct Tensor Computer Algebra
Dear all,

  I encountered an n-dimensional spacetime with the metric ansatz given in the attachment. I can calculate the connection, the Riemann tensor, the Ricci tensor, etc.  by hand. However, I want to know whether
xAct(xCore) can be used to do the same job. Here n is kept as a variable.
Best regards,
MS Ma

n-dimensional metric.nb

ghadir jafari

Jun 12, 2018, 10:34:52 AM6/12/18
to xAct Tensor Computer Algebra
Dear MS Ma
Actually it can be done using "ProductMetric" method in xAct. Because your metric is in fact of warped type.
I attached a file in which all component of Reimann tensor is calculated.
Regards.
Ghadir
ProductMetric.nb

Meng-Sen Ma

Jun 13, 2018, 10:35:09 PM6/13/18
to xAct Tensor Computer Algebra
Dear Ghadir,

 Thanks for your help. Your method works well. Thanks again. and
best regards,
MS

在 2018年6月12日星期二 UTC+8下午10:34:52,ghadir jafari写道: