sign convention about 7.8. Induced metrics

zhr moulaei

Aug 2, 2016, 7:07:47 PM8/2/16
to xAct Tensor Computer Algebra
Hello

I have some problem about sign convention in my calculation , i derived opposite sign in some parts .
In[29]:= CD[-a][n[b]]

Out[29]= CD[-a][
n[b]]
In[30]:= % // GradNormalToExtrinsicK

Out[30]= ExtrinsicKmetrich[-a, b] + Accelerationn[b]   n[-a]

in other parts yet i have opposite sign so i do not know how i  can fix this problem ? may i ask you answer to my question ?

Thank you very much
vu2new.nb

Thomas Bäckdahl

Aug 3, 2016, 1:39:34 AM8/3/16
to xa...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

You have set $Extrinsicksign = -1; and $Accelerationsign = -1;, but the correct names are $ExtrinsicKSign = -1; and $AccelerationSign = -1;.

I hope this helps. Otherwise give us a minimal example pinpointing where the problem appears.

Regards
Thomas

zhr moulaei

Aug 3, 2016, 9:21:37 AM8/3/16
to xAct Tensor Computer Algebra
Thank you very much for your comment , my problem solved for your note. but i have other problem in the last part as : for deriving  induced Ricci Scalar i can not derive the correct result . may you help me?

In[129]:= inducedRicciScalar[] = % /. LapseRule // Expand

Out[129]=
ExtrinsicKmetrich[-a, -b]   ExtrinsicKmetrich[a, b] +
 ExtrinsicKmetrich[a, -a]   ExtrinsicKmetrich[
  b, -b] + RicciScalarcd[] - RicciScalarCD[] +
 metrich[a, b]   metrich[c, d]   RiemannCD[-a, -c, -b, -d] - (2 (
cd[-a][
cd[a][
lapse[]]]))/lapse[] - 2  metrich[b, c]   n[a]  (
CD[-a][
ExtrinsicKmetrich[-b, -c]])