Lower/Raise all indices

Frank

Nov 24, 2015, 4:48:10 PM11/24/15
to xAct Tensor Computer Algebra
Hi there,

I've been searching for a possibility to raise or lower all indices (except for those of the metric) in an expression with a given metric.

It would be great if you could tell me whether such a method exists or whether one is able to write such a rule.

Thanks in advance!

Mario Herrero Valea

Nov 25, 2015, 4:34:02 AM11/25/15
to Frank, xAct Tensor Computer Algebra
Hi Frank,

Probably the best solution is to use FindFreeIndices[expr] to find all the free indices in your expression and then multiply them by the appropriate number of metrics.

Cheers,

Mario

Frank

Dec 3, 2015, 7:37:16 AM12/3/15