RemoveTensorWrapper

Sergio González

May 12, 2016, 4:03:05 PM5/12/16
to xAct Tensor Computer Algebra
Hi,

I have an expression with tensors in the denominator (for example 1/((t1[a]+t2[a])(t1[-a]+t2[-a])) ). When trying to apply CollectTensors to it I get the message "There are denominators with a sum inside TensorWrappers. Things might \
not have been fully collected."

I have try to use CollectTensors[#, RemoveTensorWrapper -> True] but it seems that it do nothing on the denominators. Is there any way to get rid of the wrappers?

Thanks

Teake Nutma

May 27, 2016, 3:58:28 PM5/27/16
to Sergio González, xAct Tensor Computer Algebra
Hi Sergio,

CollectTensors unfortunately does not simplify tensorial terms in denominators by it self, and has problems collecting them. If you simply want to get rid of them after collecting, you can replace them with the identity operator:

result /. TensorWrapper -> Identity

after which they disappear. But if you properly want to collect terms with tensors in denominators, you should not rely on CollectTensors to get the job done.

Best,

Teake

Somayeh Hajkhalili

Jun 19, 2016, 11:26:08 AM6/19/16
to xAct Tensor Computer Algebra
Dear  Teake Nutma
I have this problem too, So I tried to use your suggestion, but there is no difference after applying it.
What is your idea?
Thanks,

Teake Nutma

Jul 29, 2016, 1:04:39 PM7/29/16
to xAct Tensor Computer Algebra
Dear Somayeh Hajkhalili,

I'm afraid I don't exactly know what's going on in your case. Could you perhaps post a (minimal) notebook containing your problem?
Best,

Teake