SetBasisChange

Sebastian Szybka

May 4, 2018, 2:05:48 PM5/4/18
to xAct Tensor Computer Algebra
Hi,

The minimal (non)working example:

Needs["xAct`xCoba`"]
DefManifold[M, 2, IndexRange[a, d]]
DefChart[S, M, {0, 1}, {t[], r[]}]
DefScalarFunction[f]
bc = {{f[r[]], 0}, {0, f[r[]]}}
DefBasis[T, TangentM, {0, 1}, BasisColor -> Blue]
BC = CTensor[bc, {-T, S}]

Now, the command:

SetBasisChange[BC]

gives an error

WeightOf::error: WeightOf is generically undefined on scalar functions.
Throw::nocatch: Uncaught Throw[Null] returned to top level.

which vanishes if I substitute f[r]

SetBasisChange[BC /. f -> Function[r, Exp[r]]]

The metric functions that I use in my calculations are very complicated and I don't want to substitute them at this step. How to achieve this?

Best wishes,

Sebastian

PS
I am using the most recent version of xAct: {2018,2,28}.

Alfonso Jacinto García Parrado Gómez Lobo

May 4, 2018, 3:48:34 PM5/4/18
to Sebastian Szybka, xAct Tensor Computer Algebra
Hi Sebastian,

as a workaround, I would suggest adding the following to your code:

WeightOf@f[r[]] ^= 0;

Alfonso.

May 4, 2018, 5:10:40 PM5/4/18
to xAct Tensor Computer Algebra