xCoba MetricCompute issues

Jolyon Bloomfield

Aug 24, 2016, 10:43:59 PM8/24/16
to xAct Tensor Computer Algebra
Hi folks,

I've been trying to rerun some older notebooks, and xCoba seems to be having some issues that it didn't use to have. In particular, MetricCompute no longer wants to compute anything beyond ChristoffelCDPDB when I tell it to compute everything.

Minimal example:

<< xAct`xCoba`
DefManifold[M, 3, {a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, i, j, k, l}]
DefMetric[-1, metric[-a, -b], CD, PrintAs -> "g"]
DefChart[B, M, {0, 1, 2}, {x[], y[], z[]}]
MetricInBasis[metric, -B, IdentityMatrix[3]]
MetricCompute[metric, B, All, CVSimplify -> Simplify]

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jolyon

Alfonso Jacinto García Parrado Gómez Lobo

Aug 25, 2016, 3:16:12 AM8/25/16
to Jolyon Bloomfield, xAct Tensor Computer Algebra
Hi Jolyon,

could you use the option Verbose->True of MetricCompute and check the output?. Please check also the variable $Tensors to find out what has been actually computed. If there are still problems report the version of Mathematica you are using.

Thanks,

Alfonso.

Aug 25, 2016, 12:31:13 PM8/25/16
to xAct Tensor Computer Algebra, jk...@cornell.edu
Hi Alfonso,

Thanks for getting back to me. It looks like I'm used to seeing the verbose output by default, and something changed at some point to default to non-verbose. Everything is still being computed, my mistake.

Thanks,
Jolyon