are xTras and xPrint compatible?

Chris Chiasson

Jul 2, 2015, 10:41:41 AM7/2/15
to xa...@googlegroups.com
Block[{Print},Needs/@{"xAct`xPrint`","xAct`xTras`"}];
dim::shdw: Symbol dim appears in multiple contexts {xAct`Invar`,xAct`xPrint`}; definitions in context xAct`Invar` may shadow or be shadowed by other definitions. >>
dim$::shdw: Symbol dim$ appears in multiple contexts {xAct`Invar`,xAct`xPrint`}; definitions in context xAct`Invar` may shadow or be shadowed by other definitions. >>

magma

Jul 3, 2015, 10:43:07 AM7/3/15
to xa...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,
there was a problem between xPrint and Invar. Fixing it. A new xPrint release will be available later today or tomorrow.
What is your operating system?
Alessandro

magma

Jul 5, 2015, 5:32:11 AM7/5/15
to xa...@googlegroups.com
Chris,
you can download the latest version of xPrint (v. 1.46) from xPrint web site (recommended) or from the github contrib page.
I appreciate your feedback expecially if you are using MacOS, since I cannot directly test this OS version , right now.
Enjoy,
Alessandro

Chris Chiasson

Jul 8, 2015, 10:47:20 AM7/8/15
to xa...@googlegroups.com
I have Windows 7 64 bit. For some reason, Google Groups didn't send me an email indicating that you had replied. I'll test your new version now.

Chris Chiasson

Jul 8, 2015, 11:03:17 AM7/8/15
to xa...@googlegroups.com
I tested it (Win 7 64 bit):
1.46 seems to be working ok for me, but keep in mind that I am a total newbie at xAct.

magma

Jul 9, 2015, 4:04:38 AM7/9/15
to xa...@googlegroups.com
Google Groups didn't send me an email indicating that you had replied to me either. I had to check it manually. I suspected something was not working well with Google Groups notification system

magma

Jul 9, 2015, 7:25:18 AM7/9/15
to xa...@googlegroups.com
Great!
xPrint will accelerate your learning process by simplifying your interaction with xAct.
Your feedback and wish list for new features are welcome.

Alessandro