define the perturbation to the metric as g_ {ab} = n_ {ab} + {ab} H_ alpha phi -alpha n_ {ab}

arest...@gmail.com

Nov 6, 2016, 2:03:47 PM11/6/16
to xAct Tensor Computer Algebra
Hi, I'm new using this powerful tool, and emerged me a doubt, the problem is I need to define the perturbation to the metric  as,

g_ {ab} = n_ {ab} + {ab} H_ alpha phi -alpha n_ {ab}

where alpha is a constant and phi corresponds to a scalar field. I have been reading and I have not found how to define the perturbation to the metric in this way.

Thank you

arest...@gmail.com

Nov 6, 2016, 10:11:16 PM11/6/16
to xAct Tensor Computer Algebra
Sorry the correct metric is

g_ {ab} = n_ {ab} +  alpha h_ {ab} - alpha phi n_ {ab}

Thank you

Sergio González

Dec 15, 2016, 5:54:24 PM12/15/16
to xAct Tensor Computer Algebra
Supposing that n is your metric, this should work

expansion=Perturbationn[LI[1], a_, b_] :> alpha a[a, b] - alpha phi n[a, b];
SetOptions[ExtraRules->expansion];