Phoenix API Inconsistency StatusBar

Barry Scott

Feb 14, 2015, 1:25:16 PM2/14/15
to wxpytho...@googlegroups.com
On wxPython Pheonix (3, 0, 3, '.dev1638+4502562')

Why does StatusBar.SetStatusStyles want a length where as StatusBar.SetStausWidths does not?

Clearly SetStatusStyles could use the list length as it did in wxPython 2.8.

Barry

Werner

Feb 15, 2015, 5:36:41 AM2/15/15
to wxpytho...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
It looks like Robin tweacked things for SetStatusWidths, see
phoenix.etg.statusbar.py but he didn't do it for SetStatusStyles, would
be nice if both wouldn't need the 'n' param as it has to match anyhow
the SetFieldsCount value, so StatusBar already knows it. But I might be
a bit naive here.:-)

Werner

Barry Scott

Feb 22, 2015, 6:12:00 AM2/22/15
to wxpytho...@googlegroups.com
Do you want bug reports on this mailing list or should I go straight to wxTrac?

Barry

Werner

Feb 23, 2015, 9:13:20 AM2/23/15
On 2/22/2015 12:11, Barry Scott wrote:
>> On 15 Feb 2015, at 10:36, Werner <wern...@gmx.ch> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 2/14/2015 19:25, Barry Scott wrote:
>>> On wxPython Pheonix (3, 0, 3, '.dev1638+4502562')
>>>
>>> Why does StatusBar.SetStatusStyles want a length where as StatusBar.SetStausWidths does not?
>>>
>>> Clearly SetStatusStyles could use the list length as it did in wxPython 2.8.
>> It looks like Robin tweacked things for SetStatusWidths, see phoenix.etg.statusbar.py but he didn't do it for SetStatusStyles, would be nice if both wouldn't need the 'n' param as it has to match anyhow the SetFieldsCount value, so StatusBar already knows it. But I might be a bit naive here.:-)
>>
>> Werner
>>
> Do you want bug reports on this mailing list or should I go straight to wxTrac?
Should be on wxTrac and if you have a patch fixing a problem then do a
Pull Request (PR) on https://github.com/RobinD42/Phoenix/commits/master

Werner

Barry Scott

Feb 26, 2015, 3:58:46 AM2/26/15
to wxpytho...@googlegroups.com
Thanks I'll report on wxTrac.

> Werner

Robin Dunn

Mar 6, 2015, 8:33:10 PM3/6/15
Barry Scott wrote:

>>> Do you want bug reports on this mailing list or should I go straight to wxTrac?
>> Should be on wxTrac and if you have a patch fixing a problem then do a Pull Request (PR) on https://github.com/RobinD42/Phoenix/commits/master
>
> Thanks I'll report on wxTrac.

I don't check Trac very often and when I do I tend to get buried in the
avalanche. For Phoenix stuff it is best to report on wxPython-dev, or
at least send a link to the Trac ticket to wxPython-dev, and unlike the
rest of wx I'm using GitHub PRs for patches for Phoenix.

--
Robin Dunn
Software Craftsman